Our global reputation is priceless and it always hangs on what we do next. Dyson is a unique technology enterprise. We pioneer. Our biggest category today didn’t even exist a few years ago. Our next biggest category? That could be where you come in.
If you own a Dyson product, then it contains embedded software developed by our team. Embedded software lies at the heart of many of Dyson’s products. The global scrum team’s work within the scaled agile framework, supporting Dyson engineers from concept to manufacturing in a dynamic engineering environment, using platforming techniques to develop connected products and graphical interfaces that change how our customers interact with our products. Constantly inspecting and adapting, the embedded software team is expanding and looking for enthusiastic and self-motivated C/C++ software engineers to join our team.
About the role
Develop real-time embedded software for production consumer products on a range of silicon platforms, mainly ARM based.Involve/Lead product/system requirement document review and analysis, feasibility study and proof of concept.Involve/Lead software architecture and high-level design, as well as improvement of robust solutions and resolutions of technical challenges across projects/matrix structure.Responsible for low-level design, implementation/coding and software testing (unit/component/product level).Involve in continuous integration (CI) infrastructure/environment setup.Act as subject matter expert (SME) in specific domain, disseminating knowledge, guiding and mentor engineers in methodology, best practice and standards.Proactively identify technical risks within projects and influence engineering teams in their resolution.Challenge and develop best practice and process improvements within software team and across the wider RDD function.
Key Skills / Experience
* Bachelor Degree in (Electrical/Electronics/Telecommunication/Computer Engineering) or equivalent.
* Software development experience in requirement analysis, architecture, design, coding and testing of embedded system.
* Experience with C / C++, UML, Python.
* Experience in embedded real-time software engineering, e.g. FreeRTOS.
* Good knowledge of MCU/MPU architecture and its common peripherals.
* Experience in configuration and use of sensor devices over I2C, SPI, UART with DMA.
* Experience in on and off target test harness, such as Ceedling, Behave, etc.
* Good understanding of software development life cycles (Agile) and basic electronics hardware (interface to software systems).
* Familiar with embedded development tools (emulators, debuggers, analysers, oscilloscopes, etc) as well as configuration management tools and concepts.
* Knowledge of the Atlassian suite (JIRA, Confluence, bitbucket) would be an advantage.
* Excellent analytical and problem solving ability.
* Excellent communication skills (written and verbal); fluent in spoken and written English
* Independent and reliable, able to work with others within a scrum team, to ensure that the whole team succeeds in its goals.
* For a highly experienced candidate, we expect excellent technical leadership skills and the ability to influence the work of others. Experience in oversighting high complexity software development projects is an advantage.
Dyson Philippine monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries, bonuses.
Beyond that, you’ll enjoy a transport allowance and comprehensive medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career.
Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by ambitious growth plans, regular reviews and dynamic workshops.
A vibrant company culture based on being; Different, Authentic and Pioneering.
At Dyson we combine work life balance, with the latest devices, a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit.
It’s an exciting team environment geared to fueling and realizing ambition.
* All benefits are accessible from day 1
* HMO coverage. Health & wellness is one of our priorities, immediately available for you & dependents so no waiting for employment regularization
* Up to 20 days annual leave based on employment service + 15 days medical leave
* Dyson product gift upon employment regularization, and discounts on Dyson machines
* Exposure to a broad and diverse range of Dyson activities from research through to manufacturing and global sales for Dyson projects
* Career development and growth in a global team
At Dyson, it's about more than our machines. We recognise that our success comes from our inventive people. We believe in including everybody and supporting you on your journey with us