- Design and Development
- United Kingdom - Hullavington Office
At Dyson software is key to the products that we develop. We are rapidly growing our embedded software department and have a range of opportunities, at all levels, for Embedded Software Engineer in Test.
We want to build high performing teams that reflect a broad range of experience and abilities that give opportunity for growth and informal mentoring. From 1 year to several decades of expertise, to those wanting to have hands on leadership of a team of engineers - we have opportunities at each stage of your career at both of our locations in Malmesbury and Hullavington.
If you have used a Dyson product, you will have experienced software that has been produced by us. We developed the user interface for the latest V15 cordless vacuum cleaner and the Corrale hair straightener. We wrote the software running on the Dyson Pure Hot + Cool and the Dyson Lightcycle. We built the Wi-Fi and Bluetooth Low Energy solution to make our products part of the Internet of Things.
Dyson is ambitiously evolving and expanding its product lines, which challenges us to develop exciting solutions and engage with new technologies which we can’t reveal just yet.
About the role
Software teams at Dyson are highly collaborative and have strong autonomy. As an embedded software engineer in test, you will be involved with collaborative planning within your team – ensuring the goals your team commit to each sprint are realistic. As you work with your team to deliver those commitments, you will be designing and developing innovative test solutions ensuring all software delivered meets the product requirements and agreed quality standards. You will achieve this by designing and building solutions for both on and off target automated unit and integration tests.
As the subject matter expert for test within the team, you will coach other members of the team so that they are capable of developing tests and tools to ensure that good quality software is delivered by the team.
To succeed in our teams, you will be someone who desires to work collaboratively to create high quality, robust test solutions.
Our teams are committed to continuous improvement, through retrospectives and by engineers engaging in communities of practice that cut across the teams to focus on improving our software engineering practices. There is also regular opportunity to explore and experiment with new ideas during our innovation sprints.
- Test automation skills / experience
- Python & C for test automation
- Low level debugging experience (both on and off target)
- Scrum Agile experience
- Behave and Ceedling test frameworks experience
- Worked with Atlassian Jira & Confluence and TestRail plugin
- Version control (preferably git)
- Development of emulators
- Experience of communications protocols such as WiFi and Bluetooth Low Energy
- Experience of interfaces such as UART, I2C and SPI
- Training opportunities (In house and External)
- A good work-life balance (we work hard whilst we are here, but we don’t typically work late nights or weekends)
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays. There is an option to purchase extra holiday entitlement
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Life assurance
- Cafés and restaurants serving free drinks and meals.
- Up to 20 days of backup care (both child and adult care)
- Discounts on Dyson machines
- Private Dental and Medical insurance
At Dyson, it's about more than our machines. We recognise that our success comes from our inventive people. We believe in including everybody and supporting you on your journey with us
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.