- Design and Development
- United Kingdom - Hullavington Office
Dyson is a global technology enterprise. We solve the problems others choose to ignore, with surprising new inventions that defy convention and simply work better. We’re growing fast and our ambition is huge – more categories, more locations, and more people.
Our technology is unique and complex and spans a large global team, working in-house, directly with technologists to deliver across exciting and sometimes, complex projects.
We push the boundaries of what others have defined as possible, moving boundaries and achieving high standards. Our engineering approach starts with different thinking. Then we continuously refine our ideas – unwilling to compromise and driven by an obsession for finding a better way.
About the role
Software teams at Dyson are highly collaborative and have strong autonomy. As an embedded software engineer in test, you will be involved with collaborative planning within your team – ensuring the goals your team commit to each sprint are realistic. As you work with your team to deliver commitments across projects, you will be designing and developing innovative test solutions ensuring all software delivered meets Dyson quality standards.
Our teams are committed to continuous improvement, through retrospectives and by engineers engaging in communities of practice that cut across the teams to focus on improving our software engineering practices. There is also regular opportunity to explore and experiment with new ideas during our innovation sprints.
- Test automation skills / experience
- Python & C for test automation
- Low level debugging experience (both on and off target)
- Performance related bonus scheme
- Competitive pension scheme
- Life assurance
- Discounts on Dyson machines and retail discounts
- Free bus travel to and from campus (from Bath, Bristol, Chippenham and Swindon)
- Free on-site parking
- 27 days’ holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Free on-site lunches, fruit and hot drinks
- Free on-site sports centre, gym, hair-salon, lifestyle assist (concierge)
- Electric vehicle salary sacrifice scheme
- Ability to purchase additional holiday
- Private medical insurance, dental insurance, and fertility treatment support
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.