- Design and Development
- Poland - Krakow Office
We have a range of opportunities, at all levels, for Real-Time Embedded Software Engineers within the Dyson Embedded Software team.
We built all of the Wi-Fi and Bluetooth Low Energy solution to make our products part of the Internet of Things. At Dyson software is key to the products that we develop.
Dyson is ambitiously evolving and expanding its product lines, which challenges us to develop exciting solutions and engage with new technologies which we can’t reveal just yet.
We have Software Embedded teams located across Poland, Asia and the UK.
Our teams have the autonomy to manage their own work using Scrum framework, each honing their ways of working through regular retrospectives and knowledge sharing.
About the role
We are on the lookout for Embedded Software Engineers (all-levels) to join our Krakow based team. Communication, collaboration, self-evaluation, and a desire to improve will hopefully be second nature to you. Alongside holding high-regard for good engineering practices - we'd love to see the below amongst your capabilities and experience:
- Develop embedded software for production consumer products on a range of silicon platforms.
- Contribute to product/system requirement document review and analysis, feasibility study and proof of concept.
- Contribute to software architecture and high-level design, as well as improvement of robust solutions and resolutions of technical challenges across projects/matrix structure.
- Responsible for low-level design, implementation/coding and software testing (unit/component/product level).
- Involve in continuous integration (CI) infrastructure/environment setup.
- Proactively identify technical risks within projects and influence engineering teams in their resolution.
- Challenge and develop best practice and process improvements within software team and across the wider Research and Design Department.
You will be someone that enjoys a culture of trust and respect whilst believing that team collaboration is how to deliver market leading products. We often share our knowledge and interests through community meetings, which regularly lead to the adoption of new technologies, methods, and cross-team collaboration.
What we'd like from you:
- Software development experience in requirement analysis, design, coding and testing of embedded system.
- Strong experience in C.
- Good knowledge of MCU/MPU architecture.
- Knowledge of MCU peripheral e.g. I2C, SPI, UART.
- Knowledge of Python.
- Experience in on/off target system testing.
- Experience in version control tools.
- Understanding of software development life cycles.
- Familiar with embedded development tools (emulators, debuggers, analyzers, oscilloscopes, etc.).
- Good communication skills in spoken and written English.
The following experience would be good to have:
- Bluetooth Low Energy protocols, including BLE 5.0.
- Ability to identify issues arising from the interoperability of wireless protocols such as BLE.
- Exposure to one or more of the following: Wi-Fi (802.11), NFC, ZigBee, 802.15.4, 3GPP, MQTT, Apple homekit.
- Linux-based embedded systems.
- Experience with C++.
- Experience in Agile methodologies.
- Knowledge of the Atlassian suite (JIRA, Confluence, Bitbucket).
- Knowledge of CMake.
- Knowledge of software security.
- Knowledge of Rust.
- Knowledge of IoT.
- Performance related bonus
- Life Assurance
- Pension scheme with competitive employer contributions
- Recognition Program
- Holiday Allowance
- Free fruit delivered for office staff, free coffee and tea
- Cafeteria Benefit – wellness programme, cinema tickets, Multisport card etc.
- Medical: Employee cover + opportunity to buy additional cover for family
- Employee Assistance Program for employee and dependents
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.