- Amsterdam - The Netherlands
A successful person in this position will be able to see the world from a marketing, owner experiemce and business perspective, as well as from a researcher perspective. This position will require a high degree of collaboration with cross-functional teams (Marketing, Sales, finance ,Owner Experience, BI either from Group or SEU Markets) to drive consumer-centric strategies, to present forward-thinking consumer trends, and to socialize shopper, market, and product insight. It will also require the ability to influence the senior leadership teams.
The EMEA (selected markets) Insights Manager will help develop and execute markets strategy by leading key stakeholders through the insight identification and validation process. As a key provider of key business insights and implications, you will outline research needs, design studies, and manage multiple research sources (owned and market) to provide actionable research insights. You will serve as an insights expert using qualitative and quantitative market research, in addition to leveraging syndicated research (NPD, etc.) to add to your analysis.
This role requires a person with a creative approach who is able to lead through periods of ambiguity and transformation, able to pull disparate pieces of data together for a cohesive and insightful story, and who is able to highlight the key takeaways and action points for the cross functional team. Dyson is a culture driven by change and comfort in grey areas – an ideal candidate in this role will be a self-starter looking to make an immediate impact and help an innovative company continue to grow.
About the role
- Manage Brand Health tracking study, output, and implications, working with commercial, media, and agency partners to assess meaningful brand and competitor insights.
- Use longitudinal data to make recommendations that aid business performance, effectively storytelling and present data to bring the entire organization along.
- Lead research pipeline development related to expanded retail stores and optimized Dyson digital experience, including both custom research and syndicated data analysis to optimize Dyson positioning and consumer experience.
- Source, arrange and communicate data that accurately tracks business performance Review, compile and communicate tracking and syndicated data to the key areas of the business (sales, finance, marketing, management).
- Flush out development of shopper insights function to start new capability focused on Dyson as a retailer with understanding of Shoppers at the core of how we succeed.
- Partner with internal customer data team to optimize owner experience, including optimizing Dyson loyalty program and touchpoints that communicate the Dyson point of difference.
- Assess and develop plan to optimize Dyson NPS score across touchpoints to create a KPI infrastructure that helps manage overall brand experience and reputation Lead insights work related to understanding competitors that play in this space.
- Identify key market and cultural trends relevant to business objectives.
- Lead insights work to fully understand trends, consumer attitudes and behaviours, key functional and emotional requirements, usage occasions, shopper needs, and translate those learnings into insights to be used as foundations for strategic action.
- Develop enhanced ways of working between market and group, focusing on collaboration between insights, competitive, and other key stakeholders.
- Identify opportunities to drive Dyson growth, disseminate learnings internally, including leadership, marketing, sales, and finance to ensure internal alignment and understanding of consumer and market needs.
- Identify and manage outside vendors and third parties to maximize learning and value from projects. This entails actively engaging and leveraging partner intellectual horsepower, providing feedback for continual improved performance, and negotiating of contracts.
- Minimum 5-7 years in market research.
- Client and agency side experience preferable.
- Retailer/account presentation experience.
- Bachelor’s degree required, in Marketing, Economics, Finance or a related field required.
- Proven strategic thinking.
- Qualitative, Qualitative, Longitudinal, and Syndicated research skills and experience.
- Expert in Excel/PowerPoint; Pivot table knowledge essential.
- Strong analytical skills; proficient in statistics, experimental design, survey creation and analysis.
- Data triangulation experience a must.
- Ability to tell a story with data, comfortable presenting to senior leadership.
- Excellent communication, organization and presentation skills (written, oral, and across Microsoft Office Suite).
- Building the New and Different; Creating the climate for success; Goes the extra mile; Thrives in change environment; Is an ambassador for the team.
- Passionate Perseverance; Getting the best Result; Never wants to give up; Sets an standard of excellence in everything they do.
- Focused on getting the right answer by thinking hard – looking for detail and patterns; Looks well beyond the obvious; sees opportunities where others don’t; Has vision of what is possible and a desire use great ideas to drive change; Spots connections not seen by others.
- Competitive Salary Package
- Company Bonus scheme
- Discount on Dyson products
- Company Pension scheme
- 29 days annual holiday plan
- Company Fitness plan
- Life Assurance Plan
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.