- Information Technology
- Netherlands - Amsterdam Office
At Dyson, we demand the highest standard of performance from the technologies we engineer. Our people expect the same from the technology that supports them. We are a community that appreciates and advocates better engineering. A community of pioneers.
In the same way that Dyson engineers’ better technology to solve problems others ignore, Global IT transforms the way Dyson does business through world class and pioneering IT services and systems.
About the role
The EMEA IT Director, reporting to the Global CIO, is responsible for:
- Providing overall IT Business partnership and Product ownership (DevOps) for the relevant business functions.
- Accountable in providing secure & sustainable IT service delivery and continuity underpinned by operational excellence to those critical functions.
- Work closely with the CIO, to strategically partner with the most senior members of those functions and their organisation to drive their Digital Transformation agenda by clearly articulating and defining business needs and benefits (value realization) through well documented Business Cases and developing required IT Digital and Strategy roadmaps.
- Take accountability for the digital and technology transformation strategy and roadmaps (build multi-year roadmaps with clear business vision and value) for the relevant applications in those functions to support their requirements and partnering closely with other IT functions to influence and deliver broader Global IT strategy within the agreed Enterprise Architecture standards and governance.
- Operationally own (DevSecOps) any global platforms and solutions within those functions and ensure we drive for exceptional IT service delivery and continuity for the business. Bringing focus and mitigating critical operational risk and driving a customer centric mindset into the way the team operates with a key focus on customer satisfaction metrics and SLAs.
- Develop Business Cases which clearly articulates the Business needs (requirements, KPI’s, value realization, payback, priorities, etc.).
- Deliver Products in an agile manner (where applicable) on schedule and budget. Ensuring tight governance, tracking and financial discipline. Highlighting and tracking risk and issues regularly.
- Ensuring business stakeholders (Global and Region) have clear visibility of roadmaps and plans to meet their demands, working with the wider global IT teams to ensure any new requirements are well defined and efficiently captured.
- Conduct Value Realization activities on a regular basis on all the solutions/products they own. Update leadership on the progress – through regular cadence of track and monitor. Report on ROI/IRR accordingly.
- Providing Digital and technology insights into the business leadership teams on external technology trends, benchmarking, and innovation and how these can be leveraged to drive business growth and new operating models to achieve the expected goals and ambitions of their functions.
- Lead and conduct regular COE (Centre of Excellence) in their respective functions – ensure alignment and updates to Business leadership groups – on status of key programs, roadmaps, benefits case, knowledge sharing and more.
- At Dyson we never stand still, our goals are ambitious, and we constantly drive for new and better ways to deliver, as a senior leader within Dyson you will lead a global team, empowering, engaging and inspiring them to deliver against these challenging objectives working as ONE IT team to deliver the business objectives and needs in growing Dyson.
With experience in a similarly dynamic, international role and complex organisation, you’ll have a proven working knowledge of leading a core regional team within a large IT function.
- A visionary with a proven track record in delivering innovation into an organisation
- Dynamic and enthusiastic personality, combining flexibility and creativity.
- Outstanding interpersonal communication skills and ability to communicate effectively at senior leadership team levels
- Self-motivated, dynamic and results driven.
- Inquisitive, proactive, and innovative.
- Strong leader.
- Significant track record of establishing and maintaining high performing team under pressure
- Ethical, personal integrity.
- Quick learner.
- Willing to be flexible in tasks and activities taken on.
- Thrives on change.
- Sensitive to cultural differences across Dyson Worldwide.
- Attention to detail without losing bigger picture.
- Ability to influence outside of direct control at a senior leadership team level
- Ability to take a holistic view, thinking regionally and acting globally
- Ability to deliver under pressure.
- Ability to offer solutions to various I.T. related problems, at times when under pressure.
- Experience and knowledge in delivering, managing, configuring in either of these Business Applications: SAP, SalesForce, Adobe
- Good understanding of various IT methodologies – Scrum/Agile, Waterfall
- Ability to set and effectively communicate IT strategies in multi-national organisations
- First class leadership and management skills
- Customer focused and driven, focused on service and operational excellence
- Sound commercial understanding, drive and experience of a KPI/Service culture
- An ability to derive business benefits from technology and to recognize opportunities
- A professional who can provide examples of transforming ways of working through technology within a global company
- Flexible with the ability to embrace change, as well as drive and lead change
- Ability to influence across all sectors to gain alignment, agreement, and commitments
- Strong financial understanding
- Experience leading teams of business analysts, solution architects, development managers, as well as project managers to develop clear architectural roadmaps and associated competencies
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.