- Netherlands - Amsterdam Office
Dyson is on a journey to optimize its retail distribution and deliver a premium & consistent retail experience to every shopper throughout the full circle of the purchase journey. Our role is to excite customers and bring them to our retail spaces, after which we can showcase the Dyson technology in a retail setting that delights and encourages them to get hands-on with our products. In EMEA, we have more than 100 Direct doors that continue to grow. Operational efficiency and excellence are paramount to supporting growth for our customers, staff experience, and our long-term profitability.
About the Role
The EMEA Retail Operations Specialist will act as the lead contact for each EMEA market on operating our stores optimally. The successful candidate will be required to dive into daily trading details while working alongside our markets and global teams (EMEA Markets/Ops/LP/H&S/Performance) to support strategic developments requiring seamless integration into our Demo spaces. Initially, the role will focus on our Direct retail estate (Flagships, Boutiques, Outlets, and Mall Demo Zones & Concessions). Still, it will develop to embed operational excellence into the day-to-day thinking of the Indirect estate (partners) in the longer term.
The main objective of the role is to set the operational standards for stores/MDZ & Concessions. The operations specialist will support managing all business platforms and programs, including communication direct to Markets. The Operations Specialist will work cross-functionally, continuously gathering feedback and data to help long-term process and performance. This role is critical to making our direct stores safe, efficient, and compliant.
The Operation Specialist has to pivot from supporting day-to-day operations project efficiencies to seeking future improvement opportunities in the intermediate to longer term.
Role and Responsibilities
Intermediate to long term:
- Collaborate closely with Operations Process Owners to ensure processes are defined with clear guidance, KPIs, and governance mechanisms, driving to reduce cost, improve efficiency, and improve effectiveness through process optimization.
- Coordinate & deploy new tools and processes (Ie. payments, QR, Stock controlling, demo apps, Omni services) inclusive of R&D to drive continuous improvements for customers & company
- Lead the Centralisation of EMEA documentation & guidelines via SharePoint to guide markets and stores on operational processes & policies.
- Be the lead contact for each market on how stores operate: training store teams on operational procedures, compliance mechanisms, and the rollout of new retail services.
- Key task force operations lead for expansion ensuring smooth launches/closings; managing the operational tasks related to new openings, refurbishment & closing processes ensuring timely follow up action to open successfully on time and within budget.
- Consolidation of ticket handling (LP/Tech/Ops) and monthly oversight
- Develop the ability to quickly identify process problem statements through Root Cause analysis and other relevant methodologies and tools, with intermediate to long-term scalable solution proposals
- Strengthen regional community / for store managers and retail leads to share, discuss and solve store opportunities and challenges
- Managing supply of none finished goods for the market: (collaterals and staff item purchase)
- Coordinating System requirements with the Global team: alarm, security, inventory, IT, Payment, etc.
- Managing store maintenance and procedures: legal maintenances, updates, ad hoc requests, in coordination with the estate and H&S teams
- Implement review and governance processes to ensure legal compliance and trading to Global Retail Operations best practice
- Promote a process-driven culture aiming to make all stores compliant with standards like PCI DSS and conduct internal audits, business continuity plans, and H&S risk assessments.
- Degree in business or similar.
- +5 years of store operations or store management experience in the EMEA region or similarly dynamic, international, and complex organization.
- Comprehensive understanding of the premium retail experience and the evolving shoppers' expectations.
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Agility & Entrepreneurial spirit to support finding new approaches & solutions
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Natural Communicator: Expert Stakeholder management across levels of seniority & terriority.
- Organized and deadline orientated in an ever-changing, fast-paced environment.
- Strong computer skills and ability to work effectively with Microsoft Office and Outlook; SAP/Reporting platforms will be preferable.
- Proactive, problem-solving, and accurate.
- A team player but can work independently.
- Works well in a high-pressure environment and has a natural approach to agile workings
- Fluent in English, both spoken and written; other languages are a plus.
- Excellent knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.