- Netherlands - Amsterdam Office
Dyson is growing at a fast pace and our ambition is huge – more categories, more locations and more people. Our technology is unique and complex, so it’s up to us to explain the engineering behind each machine. We create customer and owner experiences in line with our commercial strategy that showcase our technology and highlight why Dyson is authentic, different and pioneering. Just like the people behind the innovation.
About the Role
A superb opportunity to be based right in the heart of our brand new Centre of Excellence only a few minutes walk from Central Station.
- Coordinate the right communicating and cascading of company updates and decisions through the organization at a regional level, ensuring that global messages are cascaded in the region and that local and regional updates are also shared globally.
- Support the EMEA Regional President and leaders to sustain an EMEA regional voice through livestreams, newsletter updates, leadership emails and unified narratives and vision-setting.
- Build a network of Dyson internal comms specialists to lead strategic communications, share best practice and champion engagement in their markets, and across EMEA
- Challenge markets to keep innovating with digital engagement and new channels, driving culture through toolkits, assets and new ideas that align to changing ways of workig
- Partner with Transformation team on regional initiatives and provide support for consistent and clear communications where necessary
- Ensure the effective flow of company updates and decisions from the Dyson Leadership Group.
- Attend bi-weekly meetings with Regional President and HR director to present a regional IC update and strategy
- Organise quarterly EMEA Town Halls, creating script, video content, gathering content, managing Teams Live and carrying out preparation sessions and rehearsals
- Coordinate the right flow of information : ensure global messages are cascaded in the region and that local and regional updates are also shared globally
- Coordinate, edit, approve and send the EMEA monthly newsletter via Poppulo.
- Partner with HR for careers focused comms via newsletters or quarterly regional recognition communications (EMEA superstars awards), and all D&I initiatives
- Transition all EMEA-wide communications to Poppulo to ensure consistent oversight and layout utilising the analytics and insights to continually improve engagement and content. Manage approvals and sends with leadership and their PAs
- Meet bi-weekly with Group Internal Comms and other regional IC leads to understand the global direction, provide insights from EMEA, and act as a conduit to get markets clear and timely information
- Increase focus and upskill all market comms teams, to ensure internal comms becomes engrained within the team
- Host workshops and training sessions on IC channels and strategy at EMEA Comms Summits or remotely at key points in the year.
- Hold 1:1s quarterly with each EMEA IC market lead to review strategy, support on budget creation and audit activity in their market. Strive to create an EMEA view on activity across internal comms, activity calendar or budget spreadsheet
- Create and deliver regional internal launch strategies, partnering with Group and with input from markets, including EMEA-wide competitions, events, engineer talks, activities with CPM, etc. Hold markets to account for local internal launches and encourage sharing of best practice and assets
- Localize, edit, get approval from different stakeholders for all topical newsletters Poppulo. Frequence would be monthly to bi-monthly.
- Adapt Group Internal/Group Product campaigns to be relevant and successful in EMEA markets, e.g. Pets of Dyson competition, Odours campaign, Challenge Dyson, etc.
- Produce EMEA assets including engagement videos, wrap-up videos, regional campaign assets, regional update talking points and slides
- Suggest and implement new channels, systems or media that can keep remote and in-office engagement safe but relevant. Spotlight best practice in markets and collate and share ideas
- Be a partner to the regional Transformation team, ensure understanding of all projects and how to manage the communication to different stakeholders and wider regional team
- Build internal communications plans around all major regional transformation projects
Direct reporting will be to the EMEA Head of Communications and dotted line to both the Regional President and the Global Head of Internal Communications.
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum 6 years experience in an internal communications role, working across multiple markets
- Ability to build and effect change - at both a people and process level
- Demonstrated skill and comfort in building relationships with senior leadership, and in-market teams
- Evidence of experience in managing a comprehensive communications program to advance an organisation’s mission and goals
- Superior management skills; ability to influence and engage people up, down, and across the organisation in order to bring about change.
- 29 days holiday (plus public holidays)
- Annual bonus scheme
- Company pension scheme
- Health insurance contribution
- Life assurance and disability insurance
- Employee assistance programme
- Company fitness scheme
- Great discounts on Dyson products
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.