- United Kingdom - Malmesbury Office
Dyson is a global technology enterprise. We solve the problems others choose to ignore, with surprising new inventions that defy convention and simply work better. We’re growing fast and our ambition is huge – more categories, more locations and more people.
Our Security team protects our unique technology, which is what sets us apart from the competition. It takes years to develop and is our most precious asset so it’s essential we keep it secret. The team provides a safe environment, safe communication and safe travel for Dyson people as we continue to grow fast and become more global.
About The Job
Dyson Group Security has the responsibility for delivering security best practice across the global footprint. The physical security of property assets is a key element of ensuring Dyson people, commercial assets and reputation are sufficiently protected to meet the strategic Blue print.
The EMEA Technical Security Engineer, reports through to the EMEA Technical Security Manager within the Dyson Technical Security Team. The Team is geographically positioned at the Malmesbury Security Centre of Excellence.
In short, the role will be accountable for contributing to an effective 1st line technical security service, installation support and running the maintenance programme; across the technical security estate.
- Maintenance and Installation of the Dyson technical security systems, including; CCTV IP and analogue infrastructure, access control platforms, intruder detection systems (IDS) and communication platforms
- Performing planned maintenance activities on the technical security systems as part of a formal and measured programme
- Participate in the technical security response capability for incidents and unexpected activities, as directed
- Participation in the on-call rota
- Communicating application problems / issues / errors / faults to Line Management in a timely and effective manner
- Project participation as directed, conducting the security facilitation elements, either directly or in partnership with a 3rd party partner or local service provider, to ensure delivery on time
- Ensuring quality and integrity of the maintenance work conducted and that of any associated partners to the Tech Team Standard
- Provide guidance on new procedures and techniques to 1st line system users, as directed
- Developing an effective relationship with key security dependency partners; namely IT and Maintenance
- Developing and effective relationship with the Operational Security Team
- Supporting the Global Technical Security Manager with any other element of the Group Technical Security remit as directed
- Conducting weekly site audits in order to ensure a formal and effective maintenance program is completed and adhered to
- Review and make recommendations to maintain / improve security systems and installation processes
- Aligning with the Dyson behaviours, code of ethics and other Dyson working practices
- Aligning with the Group Security annual blueprint
- Maintain accurate and effective system documentation as associated with the role
- Provide analytical data and reporting to support delivery of the Technical Team KPIs
- Experience in Intruder Alarm Installation
- Reasonable working knowledge and / or experience of installation and maintenance of IP based CCTV
- Reasonable working knowledge and / or experience of installation and maintenance of access control systems
- Good attention to detail and ability to prioritise workload in a fast changing environment
- Resourceful and innovative approach to resolving challenges
- Experience in CAD packages
- Strong computer skills with competency in Microsoft Office applications
- 27 days holiday (plus statutory bank holidays )
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Life assurance
- Sports centre
- Free on-site parking
- Free lunches and hot drinks
- Discounts on Dyson machines
- Free Hair Salon
- Concierge service
- Electric vehicle lease scheme
This Job Description is subject to change or development in accordance with Dyson business needs
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.