- United States - Chicago Office
Dyson is a global technology enterprise. We’re growing fast and our ambition is huge – more categories, more locations and more people. Dyson launched in the US in 2002, and since then operations have grown exponentially. Our US headquarters is based in Chicago's Fulton Market neighborhood. We also have employees working in field sales, our service centers, and in our growing number of Dyson Demo Store’s across the country.
The Employee Relations team governs the global framework on how to resolve people problems at Dyson. It acts in a consulting and advising capacity to the wider HR team and the business to proactively and reactively shape the relationship between the company and its employees. Our aim is to find the best overall outcome to any potentially tricky or complex people situation.
About the Role:
The Employee Relations Partner (Americas) plays an important stand-alone role in consulting on employee relations (ER) casework and processes within the Americas region, building ER knowledge and expertise within the wider HR team, and coordinating our compliance with regulatory requirements. Reporting to the Head of Employee Relations, you will provide subject matter expertise, tracking and coordination of ER matters, generating locally relevant training as necessary to HR colleagues and line management and policy compliance guidance.
- Be the first port of call for all Americas ER-related queries from the wider HR team, including investigations, workplace concerns, absences or performance issues etc., providing appropriate and timely guidance and advice. Escalate individual issues as necessary to the Head of Employee Relations.
- Proactively collect and collate ER information, documentation and data, ensuring compliance with local legislations and support with the accurate and timely development and reporting of ER analysis.
- Provide expert ER guidance and counsel to key national and state HR and functional stakeholders, leveraging local market employment expertise.
- Collaborating closely with the DBS and Employment Legal teams, lead and project manage the drive for state and national law and policy compliance to help limit exposure to employment-related claims.
- Drive knowledge sharing and consistency for HR colleagues involved in ER activities, including sharing, maintaining and updating locally relevant ER guideline and process documents.
- Support the Head of Employee Relations with the review and improvement of ER practices and processes with a view to developing and maintaining positive working relationships between the organisation, managers and employees.
- Collaborate with regional HR leaders to proactively develop relevant new regional people policies and drive forward ER initiatives, including the development and delivery of training interventions on these policies.
- Proactively track and monitor redundancy exits within the region to feed into the global tracking process.
- Assist with organizational change programs to ensure relevant processes are handled effectively, with integrity, and with minimal disruption for those involved.
- Assist the Head of Employee Relations as necessary with liaising with the Employment Law team in relation to more complex / high-risk cases.
- Contribute to progress of the overall people agenda and relish the opportunity to pick up new activities that support the function.
- Be an advocate for ER, helping to educate the wider team on the goals and priorities of the function.
- Relevant qualifications and / or specialization in employment law and/or HR.
- Good practical experience related to Employee Relations, ideally including in multiple jurisdictions.
- Experience and comfortable working in multinational companies in a matrixed setting
- Resourceful and proactive. Able to work independently and know which issues require escalation and collaboration.
- Credible and professional with senior stakeholders, with sustained positive impact.
- Adept at balancing often conflicting priorities.
- Consensus-builder and able to remain resolute under pressure.
- Data-literate, with a good interest in questioning, manipulating and analyzing information.
- Open, practical and pragmatic. Able to balance a high volume of conflicting priorities.
- Good relationship builder - can work effectively across boundaries and networks.
- Great delivery management: happy to get stuck into the detail day-to-day, whilst still displaying an ability and interest in collaboration to developing strategies and new approaches.
- Experience in creating and designing policies, procedures, processes.
- Sensitivity to regional cultural differences and gender issues, as well as a commitment to equal opportunity.
At Dyson, how we reward you is linked to our high-performance culture. But it’s about more than salary and bonus. Through a package of financial, lifestyle and health benefits, we support whatever stage of life you’re in and the moments that matter.
- 401K with up to a 4% match
- Company paid Life Insurance and AD&D
- Flexible Savings Account (FSA) and Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Competitive Paid Time Off Benefits including Separate Holiday, Sick, and Vacation Time
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefits (applicable areas only)
- Generous Child Care Leave Program
- Wellness Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Generous Dyson Product Discounts
- Multi-Level Healthcare Coverage Options
- Vision & Dental Coverage
- Company paid Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.