- Science and Research
- Singapore - Advanced Manufacturing
Dyson offers a unique opportunity for talented individuals to develop our advanced Dyson Hyperdimium Motors technology. Manufactured in-house, at an automated production facility, these motors are used exclusively in our market leading products to give us a key advantage in the global market.
By working in our world class Research Design and Development department, these individuals have the opportunity to work alongside leading technical specialists and highly motivated creative people, to develop and support unique, high technology motors from a prototype stage through to mass production.
About the role
- Leadership in design of new motor-compressors (DDM), product integration across both NPI and existing platforms, and current product support.
- Provide direction to inspire team members, excellent technical and leadership coaching, be a great example of both technical competence and leadership ability.
- A proactive problem solver working across RDD/OPS/Commercial/Quality to deliver robust solutions to meet project deadlines.
- Clear focus to ensure design solutions are diligently planned and delivered to the cost target with the highest level of reliability and quality.
- Push plans through Incisive questioning, challenging technical decisions and Risk vs. Opportunity balance to maintain pace through project cycles.
Mechanical Design / Engineering Degree from an internationally recognized University.
- At least 8 years experience in developing Mechanical Design solutions for precision engineering products.
- Experience of managing a team of multi disciplinary engineers to perform design, development and product integration of complex engineering systems.
- Proven track record of delivering mechanical focused projects on time and to budget and specification.
- Appreciation of rotor dynamics and rotor balancing including implication for manufacturing design.
- Experience of aerodynamics in practical application and appreciation of key design metrics effecting performance.
- Understanding of system approach of mechanical/electrical/control algorithms to deliver integrated solutions
- Change management knowledge and experience with solving day-to-day problems in both design and manufacturing world.
- Technical and commercial negotiation with component suppliers.
- Design for manufacture (low cost, reliability, performance, high volume, production assembly and test techniques).
- Awareness of issues related to integration of electronics and software into electro-mechanical systems.
- Assembly supplier (automation preferred) selection and audit.
- Strong working knowledge of manufacturing methodologies, technologies and common issues.
- Good balance of strategic thinking and hands-on problem solving.
- Excellent communication in English (both verbal & written).
Dyson Singapore monitors the market constantly to ensure competitive salaries and bonuses. You’ll enjoy comprehensive medical care and insurance coverage, as well as monthly transport allowance. We valued talent of engineering spirit, providing professional and leadership development opportunity to excel your growth and realise your career ambition.
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.