- Operational Engineering
- Singapore - Technology Centre
- Lead a team of Manufacturing Engineering Engineers
- Manufacturing Engineering is responsible for bringing a product from design to reality.
- The team would work closely with their RDD partners and Operation Manager to deliver a manufacturing line at the Contract Manufacturer.
- The ME Manager would be required to understand the intricacies of the design and lead the team to develop solutions that meets key KPI.
- These KPI would include, Schedule, Cost, Technical Solution, and People Development.
- Ability to work in a fast pace ever changing environment to deliver optimal solutions at prescribed time frame.
- Work closely with Operation Team to install capacities at the right time frame.
- Team player that has no lines drawn and willingness to go above and beyond your scope of work.
- People Developer, at Dyson we believe that everyone is a key component in the team and we continue to develop people even as we deliver programs.
- Manage a team of Manufacturing Engineering Engineers with in a product Category.
- There could be at any 1 time up to 5 projects running concurrently.
- Create and track development plan for the engineers in your team.
- Review project milestones and resource plan with Project Manager and get consensus on the resources allocation. Resources are dynamic and do not stay in any Category.
- Define and execute the Manufacturing strategy for a new program and adjust as and when needed.
- The team will be required to develop the processes as well as the equipment needed to assemble and test the product.
- Communicate with key stake holders from RDD to Operations on progress and challenges.
- Establish a working rapport with teams outside the Engineering Team that is essential to a NPI. Namely the RDD and Operations functions.
- Track projects in the category; tracking Project Health, Timeline adherence, Capital spend, and projected risks.
- Product lines are installed in CM all over Johor and Philippines, you will need to manage and work with sustaining team to ensure protocol are aligned.
- Create a positive working environment that rewards and motivate the Team.
- Be a critical member of the team providing inputs from Manufacturing / Operations standpoint.
- Be a point of escalation and challenges resolution as and when needed.
Key Skills / Experience
- At least possess Bachelor's Degree in Electronics, Electrical, Communications, Mechanical or Mechatronic Engineering.
- Must have strong willingness to learn new things and challenge the existing production test/assembly method.
- Shown to have a good “Engineering Sense” that could be applied in areas outside core expertise.
- Has manage a team of at least 10 people.
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Able to multi task while keeping an eye on critical deliverables.
- Excellent communicator; able to present update and challengers in a clear and concise manner. In a spoken, written, and presentation setting.
- Excellent problem solving skills that could be applied is various settings.
- At least 10 years of relevant experience in a NPI environment.
- Experience in a regulated environment following or setting protocols like IQ/OQ/PQ.
- Has operated in an out sourced environment; understanding the challenges and pit falls.
- Familiar with DFX, PFMEA, NUDD processes.
- Statistical application background. Gage 1, GRR, Process Controls, and data analysis like Correlation studies would be critical.
- Having a PMP certification is a bonus
Dyson Singapore monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and bonuses. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy a transport allowance and comprehensive medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition.
At Dyson, it's about more than our machines. We recognise that our success comes from our inventive people. We believe in including everybody and supporting you on your journey with us
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.