- Science and Research
- Philippines - Advanced Manufacturing Office
Dyson is a global technology enterprise. We solve the problems others choose to ignore, with surprising new inventions that defy convention and simply work better. We’re driven by progress and thrive on the challenge of relentless improvement. We’re growing fast and our ambition is huge – more categories, more locations, and more people.
Our scale and rapid growth make Dyson rich in new opportunities. We value new ideas and diverse perspectives, so our people are trusted with real work and responsibility from the outset. You’ll develop fast and have the chance to move into different business areas and regions. And you’ll be part of a global network of like-minded people – a community that supports and learns from each other.
Power Systems is a global function that designs and develops Dyson’s internal technologies that enable most of our products. The team has experts in wide range of areas (mechanical, electrical, software, project management) and is responsible of the development from early stages through to production.
Engineering Analysis team within Power Systems is responsible for the performance, simulation, analysis, and experimental verification of the technology project. The team consists of experts in fields of turbomachinery, thermodynamics, acoustics, vibrations, rotor dynamics, fluid dynamics, structural analysis, and data analysis. Utilizing the state-of-the-art advanced analysis methods to ensure the design is optimised and robust for maximum performance.
About the role
We are looking for a Lead / Engineering Manager to work within our Engineering Analysis function inside Power Systems, to lead a team of technical experts in the field of aerodynamics, acoustics, thermals and structural to deliver our next generation Dyson internally developed technologies and their product integration. You will play a pivotal role in overseeing the design, development, and execution of complex projects. You will be responsible for managing a team of engineers, fostering a collaborative and high-performing environment, and driving successful delivery of projects on time and within budget. In addition, the candidate will be expected to drive continuous improvement and development of new techniques and methodologies, to build the capability of Power Systems group and Dyson as a whole. Some of your responsibilities include:
- Lead and mentor a team of mechanical engineers, providing guidance, support and technical expertise ensure successful completion of the next generation of Dyson Digital Motor projects.
- Provide project, people, and technical leadership to a team of analysis engineers in generating innovating new concepts, optimising current designs, collaborating with other teams, and making technical decisions.
- Drive the team strategy as the site focal for the Engineering Analysis function in Philippines to ensure short- and long-term discipline growth, technical readiness and depth, training plans and software and hardware requirements for the analysis engineers in the team
- Collaborate closely with cross-functional teams, including project management, mechanical design, motor drives, power electronics, manufacturing, and quality teams to define project requirements, objectives, and deliverables.
- Foster a culture of innovation and continuous improvement, encouraging the development and implementation of new engineering techniques, processes, and technologies.
- Conduct regular performance evaluations, provide constructive feedback, and identify opportunities for skills enhancement and professional growth within the team.
- Oversee the development and review of engineering designs, specifications, technical reports, completeness, and adherence to industry standards.
- Considers and seeks out the impact of his/her actions within the team. Actively seeks collaboration with internal and external team members
- Represent the engineering teams in meetings, conferences, and client interactions, showcasing technical expertise, problem-solving abilities, and building strong relationships with key stakeholders.
- Performs other duties as requested, directed, or assigned. Deliver product focused technology projects to the Dyson range plan.
- A bachelor’s or master’s degree in Mechanical or Aeronautical Engineering or equivalent (other relevant engineering disciplines will be considered).
- At least 8 years’ experience in technical engineering capacity with demonstrated capability to deliver results of complex projects.
- Experience of managing a team of multi-disciplinary engineers (ideally in one or more in the fields of aero/fluid dynamics, structural dynamics, thermodynamics, or acoustics) to design highly complex engineering systems.
- Excellent leadership and team management skills, with the ability to motivate and inspire a diverse team of engineers to achieve exceptional results.
- Prior experience in design of turbomachinery would be advantageous.
- Understanding of the principles and application of CFD or FEA.
- Good understanding of experimental techniques, particularly about pressure, vibration, temperature and flow measurement.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to effectively collaborate with cross-functional teams, clients, and stakeholders.
- Self-motivated and detail-oriented, with a proactive approach to identify and resolve potential issues.
- A proven structured approach to creative problem solving.
- Ability to communicate appropriate, concise, and accurate information in written and verbal format.
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.