- The Dyson Institute of Engineering and Technology
- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
The Dyson Institute’s mission is simple: to build challenging and enriching educational experiences which are free, student-centric and aligned with the needs of industry.
Our model is unique: we’re currently delivering one programme – a BEng (Hons) Degree Apprenticeship in Engineering. The programme is delivered entirely on the Dyson campus in Malmesbury. We’re determined to embrace best practice for quality in learning and teaching, to provide proactive, tailored health and wellbeing support and to rigorously uphold academic standards. We are pioneers developing a non-traditional programme of engineering knowledge, workplace application and professional development.
As an independent provider of higher education and an apprenticeship training provider, The Dyson Institute will offer a student-centric education and experience, with high standards across every aspect of its provision. To help us do this, we’re looking for someone to help us manage all aspects of quality assurance and regulatory compliance work relating to our apprenticeship provision, overseeing all activity for ensuring institutional compliance with Ofsted and ESFA expectations.
About the role
As the Engineering Programme Administrator, you will support in managing the planning and delivery of the Engineering Programme at The Dyson Institute of Engineering and Technology, and provide specialist administration support to the Engineering team. Reporting to the Senior Academic Administrator you will:
- Support with the Engineering Programme's academic planning, including module planning, timetabling and other resourcing requirements to ensure seamless execution
- Work with the Quality and Standards Team to ensure the Engineering Programme’s plans and activities align with The Dyson lnstitute's policies and regulatory/quality requirements
- Work with the Institute team to document and keep under review processes and procedures for the general management of the Engineering Programme, ensuring staff and students are aware of procedures
- Oversee the Engineering Programme's attendance monitoring activities
- Supporting in the maintaining records of the Engineering Programme, updating key documentation and records, such as the Student Information System, programme and module information and other records required for management information (ensuring all are aligned with Dyson Institute policies and regulations)
- Contribute to Engineering Programme submissions to the various quality assurance processes conducted by The Dyson Institute Quality and Standards Team or external bodies (e.g. Programme Review, QM evidencing, HESA etc.)
- Support with deadlines and procedures for the submission of student work and marks with lecturing staff, programme leaders and the Chair of Exams
- Support the wider engineering team with activities related to the organisation of the apprenticeship or the undergraduates’ work based role. E.g. Supporting the work placed manager to book and timetable training or apprenticeship reviews.
- Educated to A’ level equivalent or higher
- Experience in administration/co-ordination based roles
- Ability to receive, understand and convey information that needs careful explanation or interpretation e.g. procedures or regulations
- Excellent IT Skills including experience of databases
- Accurate in attention to detail
- Experience of planning, prioritising and organising your own work or resources and proactively working with others to achieve team objectives
- Educated to degree level
- Experience of administration in Higher Education
- Experience managing and editing student records through a student information system
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidised café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.