- Dyson Services
- United Kingdom - Malmesbury Office
The Dyson Institute of Engineering and Technology is unlike any other higher education institution. Our Undergraduate Engineers work alongside the Global Engineering team from day one. They are responsible for live projects, all while studying for their engineering degree and earning a competitive salary.
About the role
As the Engineering Programme Administrator, you will support in managing the planning and delivery of the Engineering Programme at The Dyson Institute of Engineering and Technology, and provide specialist administration support to the Engineering team. Reporting to the Senior Academic Administrator you will:
- Support with the Engineering Programme's academic planning, including module planning, timetabling and other resourcing requirements to ensure seamless execution
- Work with the Quality and Standards Team to ensure the Engineering Programme’s plans and activities align with The Dyson lnstitute's policies and regulatory/quality requirements
- Work with the Institute team to document and keep under review processes and procedures for the general management of the Engineering Programme, ensuring staff and students are aware of procedures
- Oversee the Engineering Programme's attendance monitoring activities
- Supporting in the maintaining records of the Engineering Programme, updating key documentation and records, such as the Student Information System, programme and module information and other records required for management information (ensuring all are aligned with Dyson Institute policies and regulations)
- Contribute to Engineering Programme submissions to the various quality assurance processes conducted by The Dyson Institute Quality and Standards Team or external bodies (e.g. Programme Review, QM evidencing, HESA etc.)
- Support with deadlines and procedures for the submission of student work and marks with lecturing staff, programme leaders and the Chair of Exams
- Support the wider engineering team with activities related to the organisation of the apprenticeship or the undergraduates’ work based role. E.g. Supporting the work placed manager to book and timetable training or apprenticeship reviews.
An enthusiastic, driven and flexible professional who has: -
- Educated to A’ level equivalent or higher
- Experience in administration/co-ordination based roles
- Ability to receive, understand and convey information that needs careful explanation or interpretation e.g. procedures or regulations
- Excellent IT Skills including experience of databases
- Accurate in attention to detail
- Experience of planning, prioritising and organising your own work or resources and proactively working with others to achieve team objectives
- Educated to degree level
- Experience of administration in Higher Education
Experience managing and editing student records through a student information system
Our vision is to become the best engineering university in the world, which develops the engineering leaders of the future. Our values reflect our heritage and are aligned with the broader Dyson group: Different. Authentic. Pioneering.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.