- Information Technology
- Singapore - Singapore
With a ‘one-team’ approach, the global community are on a mission to…
- …evolve existing solutions to stay ahead
- …embed emerging solutions to capitalise on potential benefits
- …deliver conceptualised & future solutions to introduce net-new capability
Our Data Team As the ‘hub’ team delivering the data, technology and community provision enabling Dyson’s global data and analytics capabilities, Global Data Function have end-to-end responsibility for data from foundations (DQ, MDM, Compliance) to management (data platforms, integrations), to value realisation (analytics enablement and delivery).
About the roleThis role is part of a new Enterprise analytics team that will tackle use cases and challenges that span business functions and deliver high impact insights that speak to our core strategic objectives.
As our data capability and ambitions rapidly grow there is an increasing need to deliver analytics products for areas of the business without dedicated analytics resource and crucially for use cases that span multiple business areas requiring an enterprise level approach. The role of Data Analyst will be essential in partnering directly with the business in delivering value from central platform data products by developing impactful and intuitive analytics front-ends (visualisations, interfaces, models).
Additionally, as part of the central data function the Enterprise Analytics team will demonstrate and lead from the front in best practice analytics tools, metrics and standards, building consistency and capability across the analytics community.
Job responsibilities include:
- Creation of meaningful and impactful analytics products and visuals that empower data discovery and drive business action
- Identifying and communicating insights from the data which inform leadership decisions
- Developing proof of concepts that accelerate the business's ability to deliver analytics
- Leading the way with developing new approaches
- Driving consolidation, consistency and tool strategy adoption through action and example
- Consulting with Dyson’s functional and market teams to advise on how to leverage data and analytics solutions to solve business challenges
- Supporting the Analytics Community Leads in driving coordinated efforts to educate, develop and empower those who work in analytics roles
- Supporting the Head of Enterprise Analytics in building excellent and consistency in analytics across the organisation through example and excellence
About youPerson specification / Core Competencies:
- Authentic, well-rounded data professional with an eye for continuous improvement, ideally with experience across multiple functional areas and industries
- A self-starter, able to drive their own initiatives whilst taking a hands-on approach to removing any blockers
- Enthusiastic and motivated by empowering the business to do things better
- A strong communicator with experience translating technical jargon
- Resilient - at home - in a constantly changing environment, with an ability to adapt, maintain focus and deliver amid shifting priorities
- Appetite to keep their finger on the pulse of the data industry, identifying the next latest and greatest technologies that will keep us ahead
- A hands-on expert with modern analytical tools, technologies and approaches (i.e. Tableau, Looker, Data Studio, Jupyter-Labs) Looker expertise of particular interest
- Working knowledge of the connectivity and mechanics required to connect analytics tools with modern cloud data platforms
- Skilled in writing performant SQL and ideally some Python
- Successful at delivering within a squad/team running Agile and/or another modern project management approach
- Comfortable in a multi-disciplined squad/team where roles and responsibilities evolve in pursuit of getting the job done
- Experience working in a pressurised data or analytics team, ideally supporting multiple business functions
- Database management and technical solution development - SQL, Python
- Working knowledge of data science modelling concepts
- Continuous improvement initiatives and change-management
BenefitsDyson monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and pension contributions. Beyond that, you’ll also enjoy a profit-related bonus, generous leave and life insurance. But financial benefits are only the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, flexible working hours, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to creativity, innovation and ambition.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.