- Data Science
- Hullavington, United Kingdom
Dyson is growing fast and our ambition is huge –more categories, more locations and more people. We start with an engineering mindset and different thinking, then continuously refine our ideas,unwilling to compromise until we’ve found a better way.
About the role
Environmental Care has ambitious plans to scale our existing indoor core product range. To maximise our potential, it is essential that Dyson demonstrates credibility and evidence superiority within specific fields, at both a global and local market level with a relevant approach. The Breathe London Wearable and Lockdown activities using our leading mobile air quality sensing backpacks has positioned Dyson in the ambient air quality space and is building our credibility. The aim of the role is to expand this credibility within the environmental and air quality data space.
- You will work in partnership with Category NPD, NPI, commercial, communication and global data teams to deliver activities and maximise impact
- Develop an environmental data road-map focussing initially on air quality and exposure, engaging with category stakeholders and align
- Scope and develop scalable projects aligned to the product range plan that reach beyond launch or retail touch points
- In delivering the best results, you will challenge the norm, bringing new ways of working to improve the development and execution of physical and digital events within RDD
- Exploit the use of air quality data (connected products, reference monitoring stations, mobile sensing…) to support our events by working closely with RDD and product communications team
- You will have the opportunity to work with external partners and take the lead on activities
- Enhance our science story with content that impacts our owners with pioneering visual formats and stories that matters
As the Environmental Data Scientist you will support the development and delivery of activities demonstrating product and technology benefits in a format our markets would be able to communicate. This will involve the development of a roadmap identifying end-to-end owners’ relevancy with the required markets granularity and including delivery mechanisms at a global level. The data activities would have identified and defined impacts with associated values complementing our product launches, global and local campaigns articulated around air quality and environmental care. We have a unique asset of indoor air quality data around the world with our connected products. We first aim to harvest insight from this source to elaborate stories at the ‘frontier of science’. This would be achieved and be led by Dyson and when necessary with external partners. Secondly, identify patterns at global and local scale which would inform technology performance and owners benefits in breathing even cleaner air. This will be achieved by translating data solutions better than ever before through persuasive demonstration of technology benefits in a consumer relevant format underpinning Dyson’s core values.
- A degree in physics, atmospheric science or related disciplines
- You have prior experience as a data scientist ideally within the Environmental / Air Quality field
- Extensive experience with data science tools (Jupyter Notebooks, GIS products, R, Python, NumPy/SciPi)
- Very strong analytical and problem-solving skills associated with accuracy and attention to detail
- Feeling comfortable with varied types of data and the ability to extract useful insights from it
- Knowledge and experience of a range of data interrogation techniques and analysis methodologies
- A creative thinker who is confident in leading wider groups in ideation session
- The ability to understand and exchange technical information across a wide range of technologies or products without being the subject expert
- Well-developed influencing skills with the ability to influence cross-functionally at all levels
- Great communicator with the capacity to translate science concepts in a consumer orientated format accessible by all
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Life assurance
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidised café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.