- Manufacturing and tooling
- Singapore - Singapore
We are looking for an experienced Equipment Engineer to join the Equipment team with the ability to work cross functionally, prioritise and make things happen. Supporting the business to manufacture Dyson Digital Motor, this person should be excited about the challenges and growth that this opportunity will give to them.
- Develop the necessary technical competencies and equipment capabilities to meet operational performance targets within the approved equipment budget
- Establish plans and strategies to meet and surpass manufacturing performance indices (eg OEE, MTBF, Yield, etc), set targets/goals and projects for the section to reduce defects, minimize scrap, asset cost per unit
- Provide guidance and training to the maintenance team in order to enhance the effectiveness of trouble shooting and knowledge sharing.
- Ensure smooth startup of new equipment together with manufacturing engineers and equipment vendors
- Establish all equipment specifications, troubleshooting and PM procedures, and ensure their compliance with corporate & regulatory requirements and procedures.
- Liaise with equipment vendors and spare parts suppliers continuously to develop new methods to achieve low cost maintenance system and cost excellence
- Manage equipment servicing contracts with suppliers.
- Lead and drive the team to participate in all continuous improvement projects related to cost, quality, utilisation & productivity using Six-Sigma or similar applicable methodology such as Cpk, FMEA, TPM, Lean, etc.
- Minimise equipment downtime with Best-In-Class indices for OEE, MTBF, Yield, etc.
- Execute effective PM & production line support.
- Develop a competent technical support team & minimize reliance on equipment suppliers technical support.
- Degree in Mechanical/Mechatronics Engineering discipline.
- Minimum 3 - 5 years working experience in the field of Automation and Equipment Engineering
- Proficiency in automated equipment troubleshooting techniques and preventive maintenance methodology
- Good knowledge of mechanical, pneumatic and electrical systems
- Experience with servo motors, pneumatics, IAI robots, PLC (Siemens, Omron & Keylence), Labview software will be an advantage.
- Ability to read and understand mechanical blueprints and electronic schematics
- Strong problem-solving & analytical skills with good knowledge in Cpk & statistics.
- Good leadership/presentation/communication/team building skills.
- Self-motivated, hands on and good team player
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Demonstrated ability to work proactively and to identify issues and propose solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to design and implement effective systems, processes and information/reporting mechanisms.
- Experience in tool design and CAD drawing will be added advantage