- Operational Engineering
- Singapore - Advanced Manufacturing
About usDyson is growing. Fast. More products. New categories. More visual communications. We are a creative technology company with a global and iconic identity. Our mission is simple: We solve problems others ignore with exciting new technologies which defy convention. Communicating our products’ superiority with brevity and presenting ourselves in the right way is essential to selling, protecting identity, and building our hard earned Reputation. And every touchpoint with our consumers contributes to the Dyson Experience, so each must reflect our values and philosophy. Perfectly.We are hiring for an Equipment Engineer at our Advanced Manufacturing Centre in Singapore.
About the role
- Execute effective PM & production line support.
- Establish plans and strategies to meet and surpass manufacturing performance indices (eg OEE, MTBF, Yield, etc), set targets/goals and projects for the section to reduce defects, minimize scrap, asset cost per unit.
- Provide guidance and training to the maintenance team in order to enhance the effectiveness of trouble shooting and knowledge sharing.
- Ensure smooth start-up of new equipment together with manufacturing engineers and equipment vendors.
- Establish all equipment specifications, troubleshooting and PM procedures, and ensure their compliance with corporate & regulatory requirements and procedures.
- Liaise with equipment vendors and spare parts suppliers continuously to develop new methods to achieve low cost maintenance system and cost excellence.
- Manage equipment servicing contracts with suppliers.
- Lead and drive the team to participate in all continuous improvement projects related to cost, quality, utilization & productivity using Six-Sigma or similar applicable methodology such as Cpk, FMEA, TPM, Lean, etc.
- Minimise equipment downtime with Best-In-Class indices for OEE, MTBF, Yield, etc.
- Minimize equipment downtime with Best-In-Class indices for OEE, MTBF, Yield, etc.
- Develop the necessary technical competencies and equipment capabilities to meet operational performance targets within the approved equipment budget.
- Work collaboration with various team (cross functional team, Production, Process/ Product Engineering & QA) to achieve the desired quality & output.
- Develop a competent technical support team & minimize reliance on equipment supplier’s technical support.
- Degree in Mechanical/Mechatronics/Electrical Engineering discipline.
- Minimum 3 years working experience in the field of Automation and Equipment Engineering.
- Proficiency in automated equipment troubleshooting techniques and preventive maintenance methodology.
- Good knowledge of mechanical, pneumatic and electrical systems.
- Experience with servo controlled, pneumatics, robotics based equipment. Adhesive dispensing system and Vision system will be an advantage.
- Good experience in PLC (Omron, Siemens) and vision system background (Omron, Keyence) will be an advantage.
- Experience in dynamic balancing equipment will be an advantage.
- Ability to issue technical/5Whys reports or executive summary for management review on machine downtime.
- Strong troubleshooting & analytical skills with good knowledge in Cpk & statistics.
- Good leadership/presentation/communication/team building skills.
- Self-motivated, hands on and good team player.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Demonstrated ability to work proactively and to identify issues and propose solutions.
Dyson Singapore monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and bonuses. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy a transport allowance and comprehensive medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition.
At Dyson, it's about more than our machines. We recognise that our success comes from our inventive people. We believe in including everybody and supporting you on your journey with us
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.