- Operational Engineering
- Singapore - Advanced Manufacturing
We are looking for a Equipment Technician to support us with trouble shooting of machines - mechanical, electrical or automation and provide technical support to maintain machine availability at our Advanced Manufacturing site based in Pioneer.
About the role
- Provide technical support to production operation in meeting Product build capacity & quality.
- Provide first level trouble shooting & resolve production stoppages due to equipment issues
- Document & report all line stoppages due to equipment or technical issue.
- Monitor machine output and ensure it meets the standard throughput.
- Replenish production materials where applicable in the respective work stations.
- Perform process control checks where applicable.
- Participate in preventive maintenance & calibration checks for production & measuring equipment as scheduled.
- Participate in line set-up activities.
- Ensure workstations are in excellent 5S housekeeping and safety condition.
- Work with engineers & production in continuous improvement projects
- Minimize both planned and unplanned equipment downtime.
- Monitor the Machine performance through OEE (availability).
- Ensure production meets target output & yield.
- Execute effective preventive maintenance & production line support.
- Manage efficient spares inventory & cost reduction in maintenance.
- Higher NITEC in Mechatronics/Mechanical/Electrical/Electronic Engineering with at least 5 years experiences in highly automated manufacturing environment
- Diploma in Mechatronics/Mechanical/Electrical/Electronic Engineering with at least 3 years experiences in a highly automated manufacturing environment.
- Proficiency in automated equipment troubleshooting techniques and preventive maintenance methodology
- Good knowledge of electrical, mechanical & pneumatic systems
- Experience with servo motors, pneumatics, Robot, PLC, HMI software will be an advantage.
- Ability to read and understand mechanical & electrical schematics diagram
- Self-motivated , hands on and good team player
- Ability to work under pressure
- Setting high standards for yourself & fellow colleagues, and consistently strive for different and better
- Flexibility and initiative - You pre-empt problems and seize opportunities without waiting to be told.
- Forward Thinking - You think ahead and foresee issues and solutions.
- Collaborative working - You consistently share your knowledge and findings with others in a clear and accessible way.
- Business Focus - You know what’s important for Dyson. You work well with key individuals and align your efforts with departmental and business priorities.
Dyson monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries, bonuses and pension contributions. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy generous leave, a transport allowance and medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realizing ambition.
At Dyson, it's about more than our machines. We recognise that our success comes from our inventive people. We believe in including everybody and supporting you on your journey with us
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.