- Dyson Services
- United Kingdom - Malmesbury Office
Dyson, whether at the headquarters in Malmesbury or globally, is growing at a rapid pace, and the estates team need to not only anticipate this growth, but also ensure that both new and existing properties are set up, operated and maintained to the expected standard. To create this positive and progressive working environment and to be able to respond to the changing needs of the business we are looking for a Estates Assistant Lead in Estates to work within this relatively new team.
About the role:
Based at our Roebling Business Centre in Malmesbury this role will be responsible for leading a team of Estates Assistants and will be a visible point of contact for occupier groups, visitors and all suppliers using and visiting our facilities. Critical to success will be positive interaction with stakeholders to drive an excellent user experience.
The role will involve manning and running our brand-new business centre and will then involve the recruitment of a new concierge team to support all workplace areas across the campus. This new team will be tasked with representing the Estates team, taking ownership of user needs and ensuring our workplace is ready for use each day. Drawing on other estate’s functions including building services, cleaning, catering etc. you will be the conduit between the users and estates ensuring customer satisfaction at all times.
- Working environment – support the Senior Estates Manager / workplace planner in promoting a progressive and agile working culture. Liaise with internal teams when physical changes are planned to ensure the user experience is seamless.
- Co-ordination of small project tasks, under the guidance of the Estates Surveyor.
- Liaise with local users to ensure the customer (staff and visitors) accommodation needs are met, including arranging catering and events and some administrative support, as required.
- Coordinating with the estates team ensure all contractor and workplace related visits are communicated with the end user and that the workplace is available when required.
- Proactively complete regular area inspections in order to seek out and report on reactive works, such as water leaks, cleaning incidents etc. and communicate with users’ groups regarding progress etc.
- Escort visit, contractors when required.
- Be a Health & Safety ambassador ensuring the Estates Assistant team report concerns/queries to the H&S team.
- Support VIP/visitor management working with the Dyson reception and security teams.
- Have direct line management responsibility for the Estates Assistant Team.
- Attend periodical Estates forums to discuss area priorities, user feedback etc.
- Promote the Estates change management and Help desk processes within the local user groups.
- Cooperate with other departments such as IT, Security etc. when workplace matters require their input.
- Contribute to the local Incident management and business continuity plans and potentially sit on these.
- Experience of running quality conferencing facilities delivering an excellent customer experience.
- Proven experience of working in a fast-paced environment providing admin support.
- Previous experience in similar role for a large organisation.
- Highly organised, attention to detail with experience of prioritization under pressure.
- Strong communicator; ability to convey issues concisely and accurately
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to build productive working relationships and influence
- Good analytical skills; to be able to assess problems thoroughly and drive logical conclusions
- Confident; comfortable with interacting with others, and willingness to show initiative.
- Assertive; readiness to press teams and suppliers to take remedial action when required
- Good IT skills - proficiency with Microsoft package software, particularly Excel and PowerPoint.
- Experience with financial accounting systems. SAP an advantage.
- Performance related bonus
- Company paid Life Insurance
- Discounts on Dyson machines
- Competitive pension scheme
- 27 days holiday plus statutory bank holidays
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidized café providing endless free coffee and tea, and a free lunch
- On-site gym
At Dyson, it's about more than our machines. We recognise that our success comes from our inventive people. We believe in including everybody and supporting you on your journey with us
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.