- United Kingdom - Malmesbury Office
Dyson, whether at the headquarters in Malmesbury or globally, is growing at a rapid pace, and the estates team need to not only anticipate this growth, but also ensure that both new and existing properties are set up, operated and maintained to the expected standard. To create this positive and progressive working environment and to be able to respond to the changing needs of the business we are looking for an Estates Coordinator to work within this relatively new team.
About the Role
- Responsible for liaising with all Dyson’s UK sites including a broad cross section of property matters from ensuring all utility bills and rent are paid in a timely fashion to arranging, maintenance tasks. This role will provide support to the Head of Operations in the administration of the estate, which will include purchase order raising and processing, preparation of property data etc. This will span a variety of property types and locations. Working alongside, and in support of, the other key estates leaders (front of house, catering, major projects and building services); this role will play an important part in ensuring coordination between estates teams and its stakeholders.
- Team Support – support the Head of Operations and their direct line reports in coordinating all team wide activity and communication including, schedule of meeting, presentation, training and development programme etc.
- Administration – Support in day to day administration of the regional portfolio including; preparing reports, spreadsheets and PowerPoint presentations. Arrange access for visitors and meetings. Produce purchase orders in support of estates activity and liaise with finance teams to too oversee payment of suppliers.
- Asset management – support the Assistant Workplace Surveyor in the preparation and maintenance of the new asset register to inform lifecycle replacement programme.
- Communication – be a point of contact for regional site facilities coordinators on all operational property matters, escalating to the estates surveyor when appropriate.
- Third party relationships – Liaise with landlords, consultants, local authorities and local communities to arrange access and meetings etc. Occasionally, this will involve travelling to sites.
- Compliance and Health and Safety – act as ambassador for H&S by promoting good practice in everything we do.
- Working environment – support the Head of Operations and Assistant Workplace Surveyor in promoting a progressive and agile working culture. Liaise with furniture supplier to arrange deliveries/returns and liaise with internal teams to plan physical changes.
- Estate information management – develop and manage site records; including; licences, TV licences, utility bills, operating manuals, service provider details, maintenance contracts, emergency contact details and process.
- Financial management – support the estate surveyor/manager in the accurate budgeting and reporting of all property expenditure and income.
- Proven experience of working in a fast paced environment providing admin support.
- Previous experience; with and knowledge of property matters.
- Highly organised, attention to detail with experience of prioritization under pressure.
- Strong communicator; ability to convey issues concisely and accurately
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to build productive working relationships and influence
- Good analytical skills; to be able to assess problems thoroughly and drive logical conclusions
- Confident; comfortable with interacting with others, and willingness to show initiative.
- Assertive; readiness to press teams and suppliers to take remedial action when required
- Good IT skills - proficiency with Microsoft package software, particularly Excel and PowerPoint.
- Experience with financial accounting systems. SAP an advantage.
- Performance related bonus
- Company paid Life Insurance
- Discounts on Dyson machines
- Competitive pension scheme
- 27 days holiday plus statutory bank holidays
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidized café providing endless free coffee and tea, and a free lunch
- Private Medical insurance
- On-site gym
At Dyson, it's about more than our machines. We recognise that our success comes from our inventive people. We believe in including everybody and supporting you on your journey with us
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.