- Design and Development
- Philippines - Alabang Office
Dyson is a global technology enterprise. We solve the problems others choose to ignore, with surprising new inventions that defy convention and simply work better. We're growing fast and our ambition is huge- more categories, more locations, and more people. Our plans for the Philippines are ambitious and we are looking for talented people to join our Research, Design, and Engineering families!
We push the boundaries of what others have defined as possible. Our approach starts with an engineering mindset and different thinking. Then we continuously refine our ideas - unwilling to compromise and driven by an obsession for finding a better way.
About the role:
* Develop real-time embedded software for producing consumer products on a range of silicon platforms, mainly ARM-based.
* Involve/Lead product/system requirement document review and analysis, feasibility study, and proof of concept.
* Involve/Lead software architecture and high-level design, as well as improvement of robust solutions and resolutions of technical challenges across projects/matrix structure.
* Responsible for low-level design, implementation/coding, and software testing (unit/component/product level).
* Involve in continuous integration (CI) infrastructure/environment setup.
* Act as subject matter expert (SME) in a specific domain, disseminating knowledge, guiding and mentoring engineers in methodology, best practice, and standards.
* Proactively identify technical risks within projects and influence engineering teams in their resolution.
* Challenge and develop best practices and process improvements within the software team and across the wider RDD function.
Key Skills / Experience
* Bachelor Degree in (Electrical/Electronics/Telecommunication/Computer Engineering) or equivalent.
* Software development experience in requirement analysis, architecture, design, coding, and testing of embedded systems.
* Experience with C / C++, UML, Python.
* Experience in embedded real-time software engineering, e.g. FreeRTOS.
* Good knowledge of MCU/MPU architecture and its common peripherals.
* Experience in configuration and use of sensor devices over I2C, SPI, and UART with DMA.
* Experience in on and off-target test harnesses, such as Ceedling, Behave, etc.
* Good understanding of software development life cycles (Agile) and basic electronics hardware (interface to software systems).
* Familiar with embedded development tools (emulators, debuggers, analysers, oscilloscopes, etc) as well as configuration management tools and concepts.
* Knowledge of the Atlassian suite (JIRA, Confluence, bitbucket) would be an advantage.
* Excellent analytical and problem-solving ability.
* Excellent communication skills (written and verbal); fluent in spoken and written English
* Independent and reliable, able to work with others within a scrum team, to ensure that the whole team succeeds in its goals.
* For a highly experienced candidate, we expect excellent technical leadership skills and the ability to influence the work of others. Experience in oversight high complex software development projects is an advantage.
* All benefits are accessible from day 1
* HMO coverage. Health & Wellness is one of our priorities, immediately available for you & dependents so no waiting for employment regularization
* Up to 20 days annual leave based on employment service + 15 days medical leave
* Dyson product gift upon employment regularization, and discounts on Dyson machines
* Exposure to a broad and diverse range of Dyson activities from research through to manufacturing and global sales for Dyson projects
* Career development and growth in a global team
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don't think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status, or other any other dimension of diversity.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employees' and candidate well-being. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.
#LI-DYSON #SoftwareEngineers #Embedded
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.