- Information Technology
- United Kingdom - Malmesbury Office
Our Cyber Security and End User Computing Team
It’s no secret that our intellectual property is critical to our success. In order to secure our ideas and designs, our customer and employee personal data, and to protect operations from cyber-crime, Dyson’s global Cyber Security and IT Risk group works effectively to keep our secrets secret and secure our crown jewels, using advanced technologies to stay one step ahead of the game.
We have a continuous focus on transforming and managing all aspects of security - including architecture, engineering, technology risk management, cyber operations, end user devices / security and project delivery. We invest heavily in new security capabilities (technology, processes and people) and leverage our strong cyber ecosystems to tackle future threats.
Product Design, Manufacturing, Supply Chain, eCommerce and Enterprise IT Systems are at the beating heart of Dyson’s cyber defence priorities. We play a key role in ensuring the successful design and delivery of exciting new business and security projects, and that our controls and security / end user platforms remain effective and compliant. Furthermore, our cyber operations capabilities are delivered on a global 24x7 basis from our strategic locations across the US, UK / Europe, India, Singapore and China.
End User Computing plays a key role in our team, and is responsible for delivering the full range of devices and systems access to our growing, diverse and dynamic global Dyson 21,000+ community.
Reporting to the Head of End User Computing, you will be responsible for the end to end ownership and management of all infrastructure services that underpin Digital workplace IT Services e.g. networks, servers and storage, backups, firewalls etc. You will be responsible for ensuring all Digital workplace are designed, delivered and operated in line with Dyson’s broader global infrastructure standards, policies and processes.
You will provide infrastructure technical expertise input and support into the IT Digital workplace roadmap that delivers in line with the needs of the Dyson end users. You will be responsible for ensuring that the core infrastructure components supporting Digital workplace continue to remain fit for purpose, scaleable, performant and secure.
Additional hours and on call as required to fulfil duties
You will be responsible for:
- Support the creation and delivering of short, medium and long-term roadmaps for digital workplace that will generate a significant, positive impact on profitability and strategic direction, through improved stability, capacity management, quality and cost effectiveness
- Working closely with Dyson IT’s Platforms, Networks and Cloud Centres of Excellence teams to ensure that Digital workplace infrastructure requirements are considered within the broader context of Dyson’s global shared service infrastructure requirements.
- Create and review high level designs
- Provide infrastructure technical oversight of all aspects of Dyson’s digital workplace estate including infrastructure, end point builds, cloud solutions, management solutions, applications, software etc.
- Reviewing technical designs and recommendations from our digital workplace partner(s)/internal teams to ensure requirements are captured and delivered successfully.
- Creating and reviewing technical designs and providing solutions
- Implement solution designs and be able to guide extended teams during the development and deployment of solutions.
- Complete technical delivery ownership of solutions to ensure infrastructure standards compliance
- Ensuring that Dyson’s digital workplaces services remain secure and compliant
- Assisting with the preparation of digital workplace services business cases (i.e. infrastructure resource requirements, ROM’s, high level design etc).
- Participation in Dyson’s technical design authority (TDA) and Solution Review Groups (SRG)
- Stay abreast of the latest developments in IT digital workplace risks, capabilities and roadmap.
- Ensure that all designs are created within the bounds of Dyson’s policies and any global legislative compliance e.g. GDPR, PCI, local laws etc
- Identify and effectively manage digital workplace infrastructure risks and issues
- Manage/task manage a team of network architects and network delivery leads globally
- Providing direction to local infrastructure resources to ensure the desired operational and delivery outcome for Digital workplace.
- Making sure adequate monitoring and reporting is in place for Infrastructure services
- Ensuring adequate support contracts are in place to support the Digital workplace
- Provide technical support in the event of significant operational incidents.
- Provide operational ownership of digital workplace infrastructure components via third party suppliers.
Person specification / Core Competencies:
You must possess strong interpersonal communication skills being able to interact with key business stakeholders up to director level. You will also possess strong IT third party management skills. You must demonstrate strong leadership qualities and be-able to manage teams across the globe.
- An experienced technical operational manager and/or technical architect with experience of providing technical leadership within a similar company of scale and complexity.
- Experience of large scale global digital workplace transformation to support a broader cloud first strategy
- Have a strong understanding and experience of the following technologies and capabilities:
- Core on premises services; Domain controllers, AD, DNS, DHCP, Certificates, File, Print, Backup, Storage technologies
- Microsoft Server operating systems and products
- SSO and identity management technologies
- Network technologies e.g. LAN/WAN/Wifi, SD-WAN etc.
- VMWare technologies
- At least 2 years Cloud provider exposure to virtual networks and devices (preferably Azure)
- Collaborative in approach and able to operate independently and enjoy a high degree of autonomy.
- Ability to work well under pressure, to tight timescales and priorities with a focus on cost control and security in a deadline and outcome driven environment
- Experience of scoping, designing and delivering networking services across multi-site organisations on a global scale
- Design and delivery of Digital workplace solutions that are secure by default
- Experience in the development of cross functional relationships with both internal teams and third parties.
- Advanced communication (verbal and written) and customer service skills. Strong interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills applicable to a wide audience including senior and director level management, including presenting information in a concise and effective manner to management, and various departments using assorted communication methods
- Strong research skills
- A natural problem solver
- A Bachelor’s or advanced degree preferred or equivalent role experience.
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.