- Salary will be based upon experience and credentials.
- Office Support, Personal Assistants
- Toronto - Canada
- Location details
- Toronto, Canada
Provide personal administrative support and assistance to the President, Dyson Canada and take responsibility for office administration, facilities management and secretarial support for the Toronto office.
- Co-ordinate internal and external meetings for the President of Dyson Canada
- Manage and maintain schedules, appointments and travel arrangements
- Monitor, respond to and distribute incoming communications
- Conduct research, assemble and analyse data to prepare reports and documents
- Prepare and edit correspondence, communications, presentations and other documents
- File and retrieve documents and reference materials
- Answer and manage incoming calls
- Receive and interact with incoming visitors
- Interact with external clients
- Co-ordinate project-based work
- Plan off-site events such as leadership meetings or company celebrations (book space, catering, transportation, etc.).
- Review operating practices and implement improvements where necessary
- Complete expenses each month for the President of Dyson, Canada as required
- Ensure all office supplies are regularly ordered and delivered in a timely manner.
- Monitor supply levels and vendor contracts to ensure consistent supply and best service/value.
- Schedule and supervise office "refresh" activities such as carpet cleaning, occasional painting and trade marketing installations.
- Be the main point of contact for Heating/AC/plumbing/alarm issues, working with property management and other service providers.
- Manage the relationship with office cleaning service, monitoring quality and communicating any concerns.
- Lead all employees to maintain a clean and tidy office space, provide storage and filing solutions.
- Own the office floor plan and determine seating for new hires, partnering with managers to plan for growth.
- In conjunction with the H&S Team, proactively address any concerns such as fire exit route clearance or any other barriers to safe evacuations.
Business Operations Support:
- Arrange all travel and hotel bookings, where needed, for the Dyson Canada Senior Management team and visitors to Dyson, Canada including hire cars/taxi’s/flights etc.
- Act as the main point for all package and supply deliveries to the office, provisioning storage and distributing when necessary.
- Own and manage taxi vendor relationship, monitoring usage and service.
- Manage all aspects company car fleet, working with an external vendor.
- Ensure new sales employees are set-up with a company vehicle shortly after their start date.
- Facilitate business cards orders, ensuring information is correct and orders are placed in a timely manner.
- Activate and deactivate access fobs for new hires and leavers.
- Maintain a list of all employees and levels of access (alarm pin, after-hours fob, etc.).
- Manage the mailing of items by courier and post from the Dyson offices
- Facilitate regular fire drills, working with the property management company.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as an Executive Assistant/Office Manager
- Ability to be proactive and to anticipate needs based upon changing circumstances
- Superb organizational skills, detail orientation and ability to prioritize in the face of ever changing priorities are a must
- Must be positive, has a do what it takes attitude and treats all people appropriately, no matter what their level in the organization
- Excellent problem solving skills and the ability to anticipate needs and resolve difficulties to ensure a smoothly running, supportive environment for a senior leaders
- Strong attention to detail and organization
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently
- Must be adaptable to a fast paced environment
- Schedule flexibility including overtime where necessary
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Must be enthusiastic and personable
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
BenefitsDyson Canada monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries, vacation and retirement savings contributions. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy profit-related bonuses, life insurance, and family health and dental benefits. But financial incentives are just one of the rewards of a Dyson career. Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular coaching and learning. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our creative engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fueling and realizing ambition.
Dyson Canada is committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment that reflects the diversity of the community in which we live. If requested, we will provide reasonable accommodation during the recruitment process for persons with disabilities.