- Information Technology
- United Kingdom - Malmesbury Office
Dyson is growing. Fast. More products. New categories. Better experiences. We are a creative technology company with a global and iconic identity. Our mission is simple: We solve problems others ignore. Engineering exciting new technologies which defy convention and pioneer radical re-inventions that work.
The Experience Design and Research team design and deliver strategic and tactical cross-category and multichannel Dyson experiences. Supporting the ever-increasing demand from the business to drive both direct eCommerce and overall retention on a global scale. As part of Group Commercial, we set the global direction and design the journeys and interactions that tell our stories and bring to life our technology and products at every touchpoint. Led by user research and insights our focus is on joining the dots across the multiple channels to enhance the shopper and owner journeys; ensuring the same attention to detail goes into each interaction as it does the engineering of our machines.
You’ll be joining a team of smart, expressive people and given the encouragement, trust, and freedom to do the job we love. It’s a fast-paced way of working that will inspire you to do the best and most fulfilling work of your career. You’ll get to tackle far-reaching problems with satisfying outcomes and quick turnarounds. Constantly challenging your own thinking to get to the best solution, using insight to drive a better experience.
We're committed to our campus culture and don’t look to offer a regular hybrid working arrangement. This helps us to achieve the spirit of Dyson – collaboration, creativity, and inventiveness – in our inspiring, social, and dynamic workspaces.
About the role
We ask that you show evidence of your work with your application (e.g., a website or portfolio).
Reporting into the Head of UX, you will lead a team of UX Designers to create seamless, user-centred experiences across all our platforms. Responsible for the end-to-end experience, you will work closely with Product Owners and Development teams, to enhance existing journeys and deliver new products and features, continually optimising and iterating, to create experiences that are truly Dyson.
As an Experience Design Lead for Design Systems, you’ll be responsible for driving the vision, strategy, roadmap, and creation of UI components, icons, language & interaction patterns. You will lead the implementation of resources, tools, and documentation that supports the design system and be responsible for building and maintaining cross-functional relationships across the company to promote the adoption of the system.
Experience Design at Dyson will give you a fantastic opportunity to work with our teams across the globe in different markets, all with different cultural and geographical nuances. You’ll focus on developing our digital design system, with your goal to work with local teams to create experiences that feel uniquely Dyson. You’ll have the chance to work side-by-side with colleagues in different markets to fully understand their individual needs.
Working closely with the wider team of Experience Design Leads, you’ll actively promote a test-and-learn approach and support new ideas and innovations for technologies that build on our Dyson values. You'll work collaboratively with all functions and teams to ensure consistency in the execution of regional and global campaigns, enhancements, and experience projects.
A natural leader, you’ll nurture, mentor, and coach a small team, helping them to develop, grow and play a key role in advancing the team culture.
- 7+ years of relevant experience within agency and/or in-house design teams
- 3+ years of experience on design systems
- A strong portfolio of digital projects and campaigns with proven results
- Experience working with industry-leading design tools (e.g., Figma, Axure, Adobe CC)
- A passion for keeping up to date with digital trends, techniques, and emerging UI patterns
- Previous experience managing a team and creating and executing design principles. A strong leader. Able to bring in the right talent to nurture and develop while instilling accountability and ownership
- Excellent design skills and knowledge of insight-led user-centred design
- Experience with qualitative and quantitative research methods and applications
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills
- Commercially aware with a strategic mindset. Able to understand the 'big picture' vision as well as see through the detail of execution and delivery
- Energetic, engaging, and positive, with good communication and interpersonal skills. Collaborative and adept at building strong relationships across functions
- Tenacious in approach to overcoming challenges and flexible around change, adapting and problem-solving in an ever evolving and demanding environment
- Performance-related bonus scheme
- Competitive pension scheme
- Life assurance
- Discounts on Dyson machines and retail discounts
- Free bus travel to and from campus (from Bristol, Bath, Chippenham, and Swindon)
- 27 days’ holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Free on-site lunches, fruit, and hot drinks
- Free on-site sports centre, gym, hair salon, and lifestyle assistance (concierge)
- Electric vehicle salary sacrifice scheme
- Ability to purchase additional holiday
- Private medical insurance and dental insurance
- Employee assistance programme, digital GP, on-site physio and GP, prescription service, fertility treatment support
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.