- United Kingdom - Bristol Office
We’re looking for an Experience Designer with a background in user experience (UX) and user interface (UI) design. You’ll have an aptitude for creating visually stunning, user-friendly, accessible designs, working closely with our talented and inspiring Digital Experience team. You’ll be passionate about applying current UX principles to insight-driven, user-centered designs across the full spectrum of Dyson’s digital ecosystem.
As well as working closely with your Experience Design colleagues, you’ll also have the chance to collaborate with other teams within Commercial, and also directly with the engineering and app development teams too. You’ll be joining a team of smart, expressive people and given the encouragement, trust and freedom to do the job we love. It’s a fast-paced way of working that will inspire you do the best and most fulfilling work of your career. You’ll get to tackle far-reaching problems with satisfying outcomes and quick turnarounds. Constantly challenging your own thinking to get to the best solution, using insight to drive a better experience.
Something of a digital obsessive with your finger on the pulse of the forever-changing digital world, keeping abreast of the latest industry thinking and ideas, trends and advancements. Always learning and always interested in developing new skills that make you a better designer and communicator.
You’ll know the best way to tackle complex challenges and understand the various components that make up the design and development process. Bringing this knowledge to bear by looking for opportunities to expand our digital output recognising that it’s not always all about making innovative changes - small optimisations can also have a big impact.
About the Role
- An initial focus on helping to establish the Dyson Link App as a key owner experience channel.
- Working with our Senior Designers and Design Leads to create and evolve new visual solutions. Demonstrating exceptional creative thinking and executional design skills.
- Designing our customer journeys and how they interact across all of our digital touchpoints. Understanding the data-driven research used to define the intelligent and relevant designs across our multiple categories.
- Comfortable in creatively steering a project from initial concept through to delivery, focusing on the experience and interactions we create through beautiful design and intuitive usability.
- Versatile and enjoy working on a variety of projects within the vast array of Dyson’s digital platforms, with an initial focus on the Dyson Link mobile app.
- Working collaboratively with other teams across the organisation and especially within our multi-disciplinary agile-based teams.
- Ensuring all designs work within a responsive framework and are built on our Dyson Design System. Demanding consistency of experience across the multiple touchpoints.
- A champion of best practice, UX/UI principles and advancing our core Dyson Values.
- Confident in presenting and explaining creative ideas to stakeholders and colleagues.
- Actively advancing the team culture and supporting junior members of the team.
- Three or more years of relevant experience and a proven track record
- A strong portfolio to be presented and walked through during interview
- Experience creating wireframes, prototypes, storyboards and user flows
- Experience in native mobile app design (iOS/Android)
- Experience using tools such as Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign and prototyping tools. After Effects skills also desirable.
- Experience in responsive design for multiple devices (mobile first)
- Experience working in an agile/scrum development process
- Open to receiving objective criticism and improving based upon it
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
- Sport centre
- Subsidised café and restaurants and free lunches
- Free hair salon
- Electric vehicle scheme
- Concierge service
- Well-being programme
- Discounts on Dyson machines
At Dyson, it's about more than our machines. We recognise that our success comes from our inventive people. We believe in including everybody and supporting you on your journey with us
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.