- Design and Development
- United Kingdom - Bristol Office
Dyson is actively expanding its presence across internet-connected and smart home products, with a steadfast commitment to maintaining our reputation as pioneers of innovation and disruption. Since introducing our initial line-up of connected devices, we have experienced rapid growth, reaching millions of connected machines. Anticipating a significant surge in scale and the integration of advanced connected features, we are poised for substantial growth in 2022 and beyond.
We want to expand the team aligned to building reliable, scalable, and secure services and features to support these increasing demands with innovative and competitive technologies in IoT, Machine Data Lake, Data Analytics and Machine Learning to support our vision.
Our operational philosophy adheres to a 'You build it, you run it' ethos, with all our services hosted on Amazon Web Services (AWS). Our teams assume end-to-end responsibility, encompassing architecture, development, testing, and operational support across various environments. As a global department, our teams are distributed across the UK, Singapore, and China, fostering a culture that encourages flexible, independent, and innovative thinking among our engineers to drive impactful solutions.
We’re building world-class cross functional Agile teams to deliver our ambitious vision in the connected space.
If you thrive on working in a collaborative, stimulating, dynamic environment and relish difficult software engineering challenges then we’d really like to hear from you!
About the role
As an Expert Cloud Software Engineer, you will be responsible for the 'Out of the Box' experience of all Dyson Connected products, this includes pairing the Dyson Link app with connected products and building API and microservices for Connected products.
You will utilize Node.js, C#, or the appropriate technology for the task, running applications in containers or as serverless functions within the AWS cloud. Your responsibility will span from conceiving features to their delivery, ensuring the production of software meets the highest standards. Collaborating closely with the team, you'll engage in paired programming and mobbing sessions to collectively craft the most fitting solution for the current problem at hand.
The team follow agile methodologies and are keen to ensure that the latest and best practices for software development are followed; all team members are encouraged to contribute to these evolving standards.
What you'll be doing:
- Architecting, Designing, developing, testing and deploying micro-service applications.
- Monitoring, measuring and investigating production issues
- Working in team-based development sessions to share knowledge and responsibilities
- Encouraged to learn new technologies and skills as part of Personal Innovation time.
- Strong ability to lead and coach software developers through advice, guidance and pairing to
- deliver quality at high velocity.
We're looking for you to hold the following experience and capabilities:
- Expert in DotNet Core or NodeJS development
- Expert in one of Cloud platforms (e.g. AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Experience with Docker or other virtualisation tools
- Experience with continuous integration and continuous delivery techniques and tooling
- Experience in building production quality software
- Exposure to automated testing (Unit / Integration)
- Familiarity with Agile working practices
- Excellent communication skills and ability to articulate Cloud based software solutions
Please apply if you:
- Think this role sounds fun
- Like resolving complicated problems
- An interest in learning new technologies, skills and techniques
- Have experience with some of our technologies and tools
- Take pride in writing great code
- Have a strong background in software engineering
Performance related bonus
Company paid Life Insurance
Discounts on Dyson machines
Competitive pension scheme
Flexible benefits programme with a growing range of voluntary benefits, including the ability to purchase additional holidays
27 days holiday plus statutory bank holidays
Secure bike parking
Private Medical insurance for all employees
Employee Assistance Program for employee and dependents
Digital GP and prescription service
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.