- Malaysia - Global Development Campus, Johor Bahru
Dyson has a strong compliance work culture. In recent times, the compliance requirements have grown and there is a higher expectation to ensure full compliances globally. It becomes apparent that Facilities need stronger leadership to proactively comply to all requirements, especially regulations related. There is also currently a need for Global Facilities to formalise risk management reporting as part of global risk management and be represented as risk champions being part of wider Dyson Risk Team reporting into Exco. Lastly there is a need for sustainability regulatory reporting from the ground up given the important role Global Facilities plays in usage of resources (energy, waste, water). The Global Facilities Leadership Team is seeking to appoint an experienced and professional Senior Facilities Compliance Manager to assure comprehensive legal and internal policy compliance. This role will ensure our global activities are carried out in a compliant manner meeting all relevant regulations and specifications, while at the same time ensuring HSE tasks are executed meeting global HSE requirements. He/she will play a key role in developing our approach to compliance, HSE and sustainability and how we evident what we achieve to stakeholders, internal auditors and outside agencies. Reporting into the Senior Facilities Manager, this role carries weight and requires a seasoned professional who balances technical capability with leadership, pragmatism, collaborative and excellent stakeholder management skills. As a key member of the Global Programmes Office, the successful candidate will provide strategic leadership to the rest of the Compliance, HSE & Sustainability team members across the world.
- Own all compliance, HSE, risks and sustainability related issues within Facilities,
- Drive compliance to all statutory regulations and Dyson standards / policies,
- Create resilience and transparency regarding statutory compliance for all buildings and plant systems,
- Clearly identify compliance gaps, proactively calling them out and developing strategies to close them,
- Clearly articulate all relevant statutory requirements related to compliance, HSE, new projects and sustainability,
- Own documentation, processes, and practices, assessing and advising on adjustments and/or new procedures, including safe system of work (permitting), compliance management, accident/incident investigation plus management, prevention, and mitigation of future risk,
- Ensure Facilities’ standard operational procedures are robust and compliant, and adhere to Dyson’s sustainability goals while managing associated operational risks,
- Own all compliance and risk management documentation so that compliance and risk mitigation measures can be rapidly evidenced to both internal and external agencies and auditors,
- Institute and disseminate best practices and learnings globally to ensure compliance is a part of Dyson delivery culture, and to meet Dyson’s sustainability and risk appetite goals,
- Track instances of non-compliance, proactively driving learning to prevent repeat,
- Be the representative of Global Facilities in engaging with other divisions on HSE, Risk Management and Sustainability policies, matters and issues,
- Be a leader to the regional and country team members with similar roles. It is expected these team members will have a dotted line relationship to the leader,
- Work collaboratively with Global Risk Management, Health & Safety and Sustainability divisions of Dyson who own the overall Global Dyson related policies and strategies.
We require a candidate to integrate into a team with the following personal attributes:
- Initiative and Proactivity – Ability to pre-empt problems and proactively take measures to mitigate any loss of system functionality.
- Drive for results - Focuses on expedient delivery, to the right level of resolution and quality.
- Concern for accuracy - Consistently delivers the required level of accuracy and quality.
- Attitude - Takes job responsibilities seriously and conducts themselves in a positive and professional manner.
- Communication - Ability to effectively communicate and converse with colleagues, contractors, and customers.
- Planning and Organising - Able to develop a clear, efficient, and logical approach to work.
- Flexibility - Willing to adapt thinking, behaviour, and activities to suit the requirements of different situations. Assists colleagues with their requests and is willing to work collaboratively to deliver results.
- Teamwork - Shows the willingness to put the goals of the team before personal goals, and the ability to build effective co-operative relationships with others.
- Leadership – lead team members with passion and compassion, and as role model in the subject matter expertise which the team can look to for advice.
The following competencies and qualifications are the minimum requirements of a candidate:
- Mechanical and / or electrical engineering or Health & Safety background within building maintenance with previous experiences in manufacturing environments.
- Minimum 15 years of industry experience in related fields
- Auditing & training experience.
- An industry recognised H&S qualification.
- Proven supervisory experience of property related industry or building services management.
- Sound legislation and safety knowledge including risk assessment training.
- Experience / knowledge of Business Continuity Planning (BCP)
- Knowledge and experience of maintenance planning and guidance
- Knowledge and understanding of ISO 14001 and other international standards.
- Good knowledge and experiences in Sustainability agenda, with LEED certification a plus
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.