- Starting salary will be based on experience and credentials
- Chicago - USA
Based primarily at our US Headquarters in Chicago, IL this role will work within the Estates team to define and execute the appropriate strategic plan for all building services within existing, refurbished, and new spaces throughout North America. Traveling as needed to support this plan, you will work directly with the Estates team, landlord points of contact, and external suppliers to ensure all Dyson spaces are running at an optimal state. Critical to success in this role will be strong organization and communication skills. Working alongside, and in support of, the other key estates leaders (workplace management, capital projects, health & safety management, and retail programme delivery), this role encompasses stakeholder engagement and the establishment of, and measurement against, Key Performance Indicators.
- Strategy; definition of the building services model, the scope of external resourcing, to cost effectively achieve the desired level of service performance
- Approach; implementation of strategy, introducing appropriate Key Performance Indicators to measure and maintain service performance, with upward reporting of results
- Document; retrospective creation of supporting information for all existing building services, collation of all documents into proprietary reporting tools
- Management; ownership of 3rd party maintenance partner(s) and 3rd party utility management service, ensuring external resources are meeting the needs reported by internal stakeholders
- Compliance; fulfillment of all health & safety and environmental obligations
- Budgeting; prediction and management of all annual building services costs, including preventative maintenance, repair and replacement;
- Projects; provide technical support on the design and specification for new capital building works and large refurbishment projects
- Promote the Estates change management and Help desk processes within the local user groups.
- Cooperate with other departments such as IT, Security, Legal etc. when required
- Report critical details to the Estates leadership while proposing timely and cost effective solutions for outstanding needs
- Experience; Bachelor’s Degree and 5+ years relevant experience in building operations and facilities maintenance. Substantive experience in HVAC, electric, plumbing, life-safety, BMS, and security systems required. Candidate should be proficient in core facets of tradework related to FM with expertise in at least one applicable skillset.
- Technical expertise; appropriate professional qualifications, up to date knowledge of statutory and compliance obligations. Knowledge of or certification with multiple manufacturer’s systems is required.
- Leadership; ability to respond, prioritize and implement under pressure, coordinating both internal and external resource to reach the most expedient solution
- Strong communicator; ability to convey complex issues concisely and accurately
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to build productive working relationships and influence stakeholders
- Excellent analytical skills; to be able to assess problems thoroughly and drive logical conclusions, demonstrating good judgement and independent problem solving skills
- Confident; comfortable with interacting with senior executives
- Credible; ability to demonstrate a level of expertise of all building services and their dependencies in order to gain stakeholder confidence
- Assertive; readiness to press teams and suppliers to take remedial action when required
- Neutral; ability to shape strategic direction without imposing their own views or prejudices on the outcome
- Technical & IT skills - proficiency with architectural drawings/CAD, engineering specifications, project management software, and Microsoft package software required
- Decisive and willingness to show initiative, individual must be a self-starter who is comfortable working in a dynamic, fast paced environment and can prioritize with changing requirements
BenefitsAs a global technology company, we have ambitious plans for the future! How we reward you is more than just salary and bonus. It is linked to our high performance culture. It promotes an engaged workforce through a package of financial and lifestyle benefits. Dyson full-time benefits include:
- Multi-Level Healthcare Coverage Options
- Vision, Dental
- Company paid Life Insurance and AD&D
- Competitive Salary Plus Bonus Incentive Plan
- Flexible Savings Account (FSA) and Health Savings Account (HSA)
- 401K with up to a 4% match (potential additional 2% discretionary contribution)
- Generous Dyson Product Discounts
- Wellness Program
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefits (applicable areas only)
- Competitive Paid Time Off Benefits including Separate Holiday, Sick, and Vacation Time
- Company paid Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Generous Child Care Leave Program
Dyson is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.