- Design and Development
- United Kingdom - Malmesbury Office
Dyson is a global technology company with a unique philosophy - to solve problems that others ignore, first. It transforms every category it enters with radical and iconic re-inventions that work, perform and look very different.
Dyson’s culture is unique; dynamic, inventive, technology-obsessed and decidedly un-corporate. The mindset is geared to constant change and Dyson’s pace brings constant challenge. It’s not easy or comfortable, but it’s this way of working that drives performance. Dyson suits people with the courage and resilience to find their own way, spotting opportunities where others don’t, and having the self-belief to persevere where others give up. “Good enough” isn’t good enough. Experiences are more important than experience. And attitude counts as much as aptitude.
The Failure Claims Investigator monitors, reviews and investigates all safety related claims from global customers. We put the customer first and ensure that all claims are dealt with quickly and thoroughly by collaborating with our global colleagues in customer service, manufacturing, and research, design and development. The team also supports insurance claims, and we work closely with the legal teams to ensure that all regulatory reporting requirements are met. Reporting of the safety landscape and feedback into the development processes are also key responsibilities of the team.
About the role
Dyson has a robust process to identify and escalate all potential safety claims and your role will be to review these claims and work with the local Dyson customer support teams in resolution with the customer. You will have to consider many factors to decide on the most appropriate level of support; from verbal reassurance based on experience and engineering knowledge to an investigation of parts and testing – no two days or claims are the same. A global market means differences in product usage, differing organisational structures, and diverse regulatory reporting all of which combine to make the role both demanding and rewarding.
- Monitor all reported claims on a daily basis and make initial triage assessments of initial risk and severity; evaluate that the information received is sufficiently detailed and request and obtain additional details if incomplete
- Monitor the severity of claims and review against regulatory reporting requirements, escalating to group and market legal teams where appropriate
- Prepare the technical reports for any submissions
- Support the global customer care teams and local engineering in the correct assessment of the claim to ensure satisfactory resolution with the customer
- Where applicable, carry out inspections of products to determine root cause and create written reports.
- If required, coordinate internal or external technical support for in-depth investigations and take on the role of technical co-ordinator
- Monitor and support all product related insurance claims, providing technical support and where necessary attending both site and lab-based inspections
- Lead or support projects to establish or improve systems and processes to recognise and escalate potential safety claims including the continually changing landscape of customer communication channel
- Monitor, analyse and present data (such as safety case status and trend metrics) to management and departmental heads
- Educated to degree level (or equivalent) in engineering, electronics, physics or related subject.
- Good knowledge of, and ability to apply, engineering principles to the investigation and diagnosis of a wide portfolio of products
- Adaptability to respond quickly to new or rapidly changing situations
- Organisational skills to ensure that all issues are tracked and resolved
- Ability to manage multiple projects with changing priorities at the same time
- Ability to work from first principles to ensure accurate investigations and have the skill to be able to effectively communicate those investigations to a non-technical audience
- Ability to work under pressure to meet regulatory reporting time frames and company requirements
- Enthusiastic about continually improving established processes making them more efficient and accessible
- High level of attention to detail and drive to completion
- Skilled in report writing and verbal presentation to all levels of management and technical understanding
- Good IT skills in MS Office
- Team player but also self-starter and the ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Working knowledge or qualification in electronics and/or software
- Enhanced data management and manipulation skills (MS Office Excel based)
- Experience in reliability or safety-based investigations
- Experience of failure diagnosis tools such as Fault Tree or Fish Bone analysis
- 27 Days Holiday
- Free bus travel to and from Campus from Bristol, Chippenham, Bath and Swindon
- Free on-site parking
- Endless free coffee and tea, and a free lunch
- Free on-site hair salon
- Discounts on Dyson products
- Electric vehicle scheme
- Sport centre
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
- Pension scheme
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.