- United Kingdom - Malmesbury Office
Dyson’s Global Communications Team is charged with storytelling on a global scale, bringing to life Dyson technology, products, people, places and the company philosophy. The department is responsible for public relations, public affairs, internal communications and the James Dyson Award - our international design award for students of design and engineering.
Our Communications strategy focuses on authentically explaining our technology, the problems it solves, and how it intersects with improving the lives of our owners. With an increasing focus on storytelling through a multi-channel format covering traditional and social media, the objective is to build a positive Dyson reputation synonymous with technology, quality and class leading performance.
About the role
We need a brilliant Editor, with some self-shooting capability, to work with the Dyson Film team on the Malmesbury campus in Wiltshire, making films that bring to life Dyson stories about our people and technology. You need to be comfortable directing and shooting, but most importantly a brilliant editor; weaving engaging and authentic stories.
The film maker must lead the creative aspects of the film making process, collaborating with other creative teams and stakeholders all around the Dyson world. It is your responsibility that the films communicate messages and stories clearly and in the strongest possible way.
The work varies a lot; quirky social films, documentary, animation. We have our own on-site 2000 sq ft film studio in the UK, and we are building studios around the world as the team grows. We often shoot on location and when needed we work with external, specialist teams as well.
As well as understanding spectacular production values, you should be able to innovate and turn films around quickly, to a vast array of budgets and timescales.
You will often work as part of a team of Dyson film makers, but also with external crews and not be afraid to work alone.
Qualities we look for:
* An inspired film maker with a real passion for the art - seeing beauty in the smallest things.
* An original thinker, who understands how and wants to make films which are different from everybody else’s.
* An excellent communicator - ability to balance multiple stakeholders in a creative vision.
* An open-minded approach, willing to experiment and try things out, even if they don’t fit the conventional way.
* Flexible; thrives working with a vast array of budgets and other restrictions.
* Self-starter - able to get on with making great content in the face of ambiguity.
* An interest in design, technology and engineering.
* Must have proven experience in editing engaging content in a variety of styles.
* A really good eye for short-form documentary editing.
* Proven experience in making unusual, disruptive content.
* Good eye for multi-platform film making - for mobile etc.
* Proven experience working directly with clients at all levels of film understanding.
* Some hands on post production experience - simple grading, VFX and sound design.
* Ability to shoot a scene with minimal help. A basic understanding of lighting.
* Understanding of and some experience in a producer role; sourcing external crew, post-production etc.
* A good understanding of the global social media landscape.
• 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
• Pension scheme
• Performance related bonus
• Private medical insurance
• Life assurance
• Sport centre
• Free on-site parking
• Subsidised café and restaurants
• Discounts on Dyson machines
At Dyson, it's about more than our machines. We recognise that our success comes from our inventive people. We believe in including everybody and supporting you on your journey with us
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.