- United Kingdom - Malmesbury Office
Dyson is growing fast and our ambition is huge – more categories, more locations and more people. Our technology is unique and complex, so it’s up to us to explain it clearly. Working in-house, directly with engineers and the broader business, we create inspirational communications that showcase our technology.
We're committed to our campus culture and want to have people collaborating, developing, and learning from each other, five days a week. By having everyone on campus together, we have been able to nurture a fantastic social and dynamic environment.
About the role
As part of your application, we’d like to see evidence of your work, via a website or portfolio.
We need a brilliant new Film Maker, to work with the Dyson Film team on our Malmesbury campus in Wiltshire, making films that bring to life Dyson stories about our people and technology. You will work on new, exciting content projects, with a team of creatives and content specialists, and be part of an established Dyson Film team, providing support and equipment, all the time.
The work varies a lot; quirky social films, documentaries, animations, and inspiring technology films. We have our own on-site 2000 sq ft film studio in the UK, but we often shoot on location and, when needed, we work with external, specialist teams as well. This role will mainly be working on short-form documentaries, but with lots of room to experiment.
As a filmmaker you’ll craft beautiful films, innovating and turning projects around quickly, to a vast array of budgets and timescales. You’ll have enthusiasm for various filmmaking crafts: directing and shooting, but importantly editing engaging and authentic stories. Often you will work to a creative brief, but it’s important that you can come up with creative and experiment with your own ideas as well.
We’re looking for someone with proven shooting and story-telling experience, ready to take the next step in their career. We cover all aspects of production, so this is an opportunity to develop your range of skills and explore the future of content.
- An inspired film maker with a real passion for the art – seeing beauty in the smallest things
- Proven experience in shooting and editing engaging, unusual, and disruptive content, in a variety of styles
- Proven experience working directly with clients at all levels of film understanding
- A good eye for short-form documentary editing, across multiple platforms (including mobile)
- An original thinker, who understands how to make films that are different from everybody else’s
- An excellent communicator, able to balance multiple stakeholders in a creative vision
- An open-minded approach, willing to experiment and try things out, even if they don’t fit the conventional way
- Flexible; thrives working with a vast array of budgets and other restrictions
- A self-starter, able to get on with making great content in the face of ambiguity
- An interest in design, technology, and engineering
- Performance-related bonus scheme
- Competitive pension scheme
- Life assurance
- Discounts on Dyson machines and retail discounts
- Free bus travel to and from campus (from Bristol, Bath, Chippenham, and Swindon)
- 27 days’ holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Free on-site lunches, fruit, and hot drinks
- Free on-site sports centre, gym, hair salon, and lifestyle assistance (concierge)
- Electric vehicle salary sacrifice scheme
- Ability to purchase additional holiday
- Private medical insurance and dental insurance
- Employee assistance programme, digital GP, on-site physio and GP, prescription service, fertility treatment support
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.