- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
At Dyson we challenge convention, continually experiment and see opportunities where others see problems. The way we produce film communications content is no different – we’ve always set ourselves the challenge of using innovative approaches that others wouldn’t think of. This is a continual focus as our competitors get better and faster at copying us, so trying new ways to tell our stories is an ingrained way of working and culture.
This role is for a hands on experienced film producer to work closely with and to support, two of our inhouse filmmakers (film directors). You will be part of a busy collaborative team made up of several film and content producers, all reporting into the lead producer, working within the Planning & Operations team, based at Dyson head office in Malmesbury.
The film producer is responsible for delivering a wide variety of film content projects, briefs can be globally focused on New Product Development launches (NPD) as well as individual bespoke market campaigns. You will help to deliver interesting, creative and often ground breaking stories about Dyson products as well as the Dyson brand. Coverage will span from initial brief through to final delivery, managing all aspects to ensure we deliver compelling creative, with high production values, on schedule and within budget, keeping Dyson ahead of the competition. The role requires experienced line-producing skills, post production experience, and an ability to work hand-in-hand with the in-house filmmakers, as well as working with 3rd party suppliers where appropriate.
About the role
- To agree detailed briefs and specifications for individual projects - interrogating brief owners together with the filmmakers and ensuring requirements are justifiable, achievable and meet the overall business objectives.
- To develop detailed production timing plans, giving stakeholders and colleagues the visibility of such plans and updated progress against them.
- Influence technical delivery methods at the earliest stage in the campaign development process, using credible production approaches based on previous line-production experience and what can work for Dyson in a given scenario. Giving creatives (filmmakers/art directors/copy writers) clear parameters to work within.
- To contract external crew and kit, undertake logistics, produce shooting schedules, risk assessments, health & safety procedures and call sheets in collaboration with in house filmmakers for in house productions.
- To develop relationships with external studios and suppliers and be comfortable outsourcing and managing productions from start to completion.
- To build and manage budgets for 3rd party production and in house productions, negotiating on costs where appropriate and communicating them clearly to project managers.
- To communicate clearly and regularly with Project Managers, project stakeholders and senior members of the team with updates on production progress.To manage project risk and issues, escalating where appropriate to senior Production colleagues or to the Head of Production, or where appropriate, Project Managers.
- To attend regular production meetings, armed with updates, risks & issues for discussion.
- To collaborate closely with all the Production teams (film/content/TV/imagery), keeping them up-to-date with appropriate information.
- To check that all security measures are in place for NPD projects and to ensure approvals are given prior to the release of any master assets.
- To identify continuous improvements and cost reductions in production through careful cost negotiation, detailed planning and analysis of wider content requirements to ensure efficiencies are made where possible.
- Develop an understanding of Dyson’s financial and administration systems.
- To ensure all contracts, licences and permissions are in place before filming and before final delivery of masters.
- To prioritise, plan and organise the workload of the film team and ensure individuals are briefed thoroughly and that deadlines are agreed and met.
Stakeholders to manage and work in collaboration with:
- Film Producers, Filmmakers & Head of Film
- Content strategists and designers
- Product category creative heads and teams including copywriters
- Product category commercial heads and managers
- Producers from other channels in the wider Production team: TV, Imagery, Digital, Studio
- Programme and Project managers.
- Suppliers including Dysons global production delivery & transcreation partner
- Legal and Claims
- Proven success and experience in line-producing to the highest industry standards.
- Influencing skills ability to drive better ways to deliver.
- Emotionally Intelligent with a strong sense of self-awareness.A keen interest / passion in making content in and outside of the workplace.
- Solid understanding of editing, post production, audio and CGI.
- Project management and production skill set.
- Excellent organizational and administrative skills.
- Purchasing and negotiating skills - specifically in relation to all production line-items.
- Pragmatic and decisive – be able to respond to creative, technical and decision-making challenges (filming and editing) with speed and accuracy and deliver effective solutions.
- Energetic, engaging, confident and positive.
- Multi tasker – be able to juggle priorities across several projects at any one time.
- Strong team player – approachable, collaborative using great behaviors.
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holiday.
- Pension scheme.
- Performance related bonus.
- Life assurance.
- Sport centre.
- Free on-site parking.
- Subsidised café and restaurants.
- Discounts on Dyson machines.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.