- Sydney - Australia
About the roleThis role is for 12 months to focus exclusively on the processing, approval and management of retailer claims accompanied by the associated accounting entries including accruals, releases and balance sheet management, for the Australian and New Zealand business.
- Claims Management – Working alongside existing Analyst to;
- Ensure the timely review, approval and processing of legitimate retailer claims for rebates, EI, Variable Price Promotions and Fixed Spend Promotions.
- Create credit notes for rebate claims.
- Ensure an accurate record of all claims processed and accrual releases to an auditable standard.
- Manage the balance sheet for claims accounts.
- Ensure compliance with global delegated authority limits.
- Governance / Controls / Balance Sheet Management
- Ensure a robust framework of control for the creation, management, and processing of retailer claims and associated accounting entries.
- Prepare and review relevant balance sheet reconciliations each month in a timely manner with all reconciling items promptly resolved.
- Ensure that all balance sheet balances and movements are understood and explained.
- Contribute to month end review with Commercial Finance Manager and Financial Controller;
- Provide comprehensive reporting to the Commercial Finance Manager and our Business Partners of accruals, claims, releases and adjustments each month.
- Provide reporting on claims processed and run rates.
- Rebates, promotional spend and brand building investment management
- Ensure that Rebates and claims are processed accurately;
- Ensure thorough review of return on investment for promotional and brand building spend;
- Lead the month-end processing of accruals, review of brand building investment spend, promotional spend;
- Be the custodian of promotional spend, and brand building investment trackers, ensure they are actively maintained with ownership and accountability held within sales and marketing teams.
- Continuous process improvement
- Actively review and drive the development & continuous improvement of all aspects of Claims Management.
- Implement the move to extend the use of SAP CCM to all areas of trade spend management.
- Fulfil other duties as required
- Pick up new activities that fall broadly in the purpose of the role.
- Fix things that you can see need fixing.
- Identify problems and find solutions.
- Promote and demonstrate Dyson behaviors.
About youSkills / Experience Required:
- CA or CPA qualified, or actively working towards;
- FMCG / Retail experience is desirable;
- Minimum 4+ years post qualification hands-on accounting experience with an understanding of accounting from the ground up;
- Strong technical accounting skills;
- SAP experience is essential;
- Advanced Excel skills;
- Energetic, engaging and positive business partnering approach;
- Excellent written and verbal communicational skills;
- Ability to work to strict reporting deadlines;
- Proactive with a drive for results ;
- Well organized and good time management skills;
- Commercial awareness-ability to draw out financial impacts of management decisions;
- Good presentation skills;
- Able to analyse and solve problems;
- Discretion when dealing with confidential information;
- Professional and ethical;
- Team player;
- Self motivated.
BenefitsAt Dyson ANZ we value you bringing yourself to work. We recognise the importance of your unique contribution and are receptive to hearing ideas that challenge the norm. Innovation is in our DNA and we are excited by adopting new ways to do things better. We deliver an employee experience that matches the quality we give to our customers. A compressed working week, work-life balance that we live and breathe, regular social lunches and off-site gatherings, product discounts, novated leasing, additional paid annual leave and company paid parental leave form just part of the employee experience at Dyson ANZ. #LI-DYSON
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.