- Singapore - Technology Centre
The Technology Finance Team is the core finance business partner for Dyson’s Research Design & Development organisation, with leadership responsibility for the invention, development and industrialisation of Dyson’s core technologies. Dyson is working on multiple technologies which will support our product innovation for the next decades. These programmes represent significant future capital investment and underpin the long term strategic business objectives of Dyson. The Finance Technology team’s goal is to develop and maintain a flexible and collaborative working relationship with its many stakeholders to achieve all common objectives while at the same time maintain a highly effective control environment within the organisation.
The incumbent will be responsible for various aspects of long-term finance/business evaluation, planning, execution management and governance for key future technology programmes. The role requires close engagement and alignment with a number of stakeholders and functions from Early Phase development stages of Dyson’s Product Creation Framework through to SOP.
The role is a key position of the technology finance function and allows the incumbent a great opportunity to develop a thorough understanding of design, development, and industrialisation of Dyson’s core technologies.
- Business Partner with senior management team in development and operations to enable successful achievement of key programme and product deliverables
- Collaborate with cross functional teams in the development of technology programme business cases
- Play a key role in target cost and target capital setting activities
- Financial control on capex investments for technology programmes
- Involved in month end close activities
- Involved in budget planning and forecast activities
- Prepare analysis on an ad hoc basis as required
- Collaborate with stakeholders and identify opportunities to drive efficiency, process improvements, and cost savings
- Qualified Engineer with business acumen, or globally recognised professional Accounting qualification
- At least 7 to 8 years of relevant work experience
- Experience in manufacturing and/or engineering product development/execution
- Experience in rigorous financial planning, analysis and/or strategy experience
- Excellent analytical ability and Excel spreadsheet skills
- Good planning and organisation skills
- Ability to navigate through high levels of ambiguity
- Ability to understand concepts and ideas quickly and model data in meaningful ways
- Naturally Inquisitive - comfortable and willing to interrogate existing process and systems
- Proactive in proposing ideas to challenge status quo
- Experience in working across functions and cultures and dealing with remote teams
- Excellent personal and business presentation skills, in particular the presentation of financial information to non-finance managers and directors
- Assertive and able to influence upwards and peers
- Good spoken & written English
- Has strong sense of operational discipline and ability to meet deadlines
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.