- Germany - Cologne Office
Dyson is a global technology company founded in 1993 with a unique philosophy - to solve problems that others ignore. The company is known for surprising new inventions that defy convention.
From the world's first bagless vacuum cleaner, to air purifiers/fans without rotor blades, to our hair styling products that enable professional styling at home just like at the hairdresser: We continue to develop relentlessly - our products inspire every technology fan and make household and co. an experience!
Our culture is unique; The mindset is geared to constant change and Dyson’s pace brings constant challenge. Dyson suits people with the courage and resilience to find their own way, spotting opportunities where others don’t, and having the self-belief to persevere where others give up.
About the role
Based in Cologne, you will play an essential role in steering the financial performance of the DACH cluster. Our indirect channel accounts for the largest share of sales in the DACH cluster and EMEA region, and continued growth in this channel is strategically important. Through our indirect channel Dyson delivers world class retail execution to our customers in our 3rd party retail partners.
The primary responsibility will be to work with key members of the indirect sales teams to drive its growth strategy and measure performance through insightful analysis. The role will also support decisions on customer terms and promotional offerings through robust analysis and be a key contributor to key account joint business plans.
In addition to the local market responsibilities, you will be an integral member of a regional collaboration group specialising on the indirect channel that is responsible for developing and sharing best practice across the region and collaborating with Group and regional finance teams on key transformation projects.
You will have your finger on the pulse of our KPIs and will be responsible for the timely delivery of this performance information to the cluster leadership teams.
- Own the tracking of rebates and promotions, ensuring accruals are accurately captured and reviewed against performance criteria. Support Dyson Business Services (DBS) with the clearing of deductions and lead the pay-out reviews, working in partnership with the sales team on customer communications relating to rebates and promotions.
- Proactively manage the availability of customer credit by sharing latest sales forecasts and deductions (working with DBS) with the customer credit team.
- Work with the indirect sales teams on commercial planning to forecast sales by customer and model for market forecast submissions. Proactively support identification of risks and opportunities, quantify the impact and provide recommendations where required.
- Lead the process relating to customer setup and master data management, liaising with the sales team and directly with the customer to obtain critical data and providing this to DBS for account creation/maintenance.
- Conduct customer level profitability analysis and work in partnership with the local indirect leadership teams to plan their resource and infrastructure requirements.
- Drive financial capability within the indirect team by providing training and supporting the team members in their business objectives.
- Able to develop and maintain strong relationships with colleagues; a team player and proven business partner who can motivate and influence others.
- Energetic and engaging with a positive ‘can-do’ attitude; a problem solver.
- Competent and confident when presenting information, in particular when presenting financial information to senior non-finance stakeholders. Can clearly communicate the story of the numbers.
- Excellent analytical ability – comfortable assimilating and interpreting data and information to draw out meaningful insight and conclusions, and capable of using this to influence decision making.
- Demonstrable financial planning capability at both the short-term results-focussed level and the longer-term strategic view.
- Able to challenge all areas of activity, especially elements that ‘have always been done’ and recommend new approaches to meet financial objectives.
- Assertive, decisive, prepared to see through plans and overcome objections - and yet flexible around change and comfortable with ambiguity, a quick and agile learner.
- Company bonus scheme
- Pension scheme
- 30 days holiday
- Subsidized sport activities
- Jobrad (Bicycle leasing)
- Discounted Dyson machines
- Corporate Benefits
- EAP (Employee Assistant Programme)
- Agile working
- Fare Subsidy for local public transport or on-site parking
- Relaxed dress code
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.