- Germany - Cologne Office
Dyson is a global technology company founded in 1993 with a unique philosophy - to solve problems that others ignore. The company is known for surprising new inventions that defy convention.
From the world's first bagless vacuum cleaner, to air purifiers/fans without rotor blades, to our hair styling products that enable professional styling at home just like at the hairdresser: We continue to develop relentlessly - our products inspire every technology fan and make household and co. an experience!
Our culture is unique; The mindset is geared to constant change and Dyson’s pace brings constant challenge. Dyson suits people with the courage and resilience to find their own way, spotting opportunities where others don’t, and having the self-belief to persevere where others give up
About the role
Based in Cologne, you will play an essential role in steering the financial performance of the DACH cluster. Your primary responsibility will be to work in partnership with the local Sales organisations across the cluster to drive commercial initiatives and to support the Sales teams in reaching their business objectives.
To do so, you will have your finger on the pulse of our KPIs, delivering timely performance information and providing insightful analyses. Your recommendations will support the business in commercial decision-making and investment allocation.
You will be closely involved in the implementation of your recommendations, often accompanying your sales counterparts to meetings with external business partners. As such, the role provides a range of opportunities to directly see the tangible results of your work and to positively impact the business.
In addition to your cluster responsibilities, you will be an integral member of a regional collaboration group that is responsible for developing and sharing best practice across the region and collaborating with Group and other regional finance teams on key transformation projects.
To deliver this ambitious scope, you will have the support of one direct report, who you will coach and develop.
The role has significant exposure to senior leadership in the DACH cluster and across the EMEA region and is a perfect stepping-stone to later take on a larger financial leadership role in the business.
Finance Business Partnering:
- Partnering with the Sales teams in the DACH cluster to help drive commercial decision-making
- Developing business cases for growth and profitability initiatives
- Playing a key role in the commercial planning process, creating financial forecasts based on sound assumptions
- Influencing investment decisions through in-depth analyses
- Presenting financial plans and business cases to senior leadership teams in the DACH and EMEA region
- Responsible for one direct report
- Provide coaching, training and career development
- Leading the month-end process (Sales to Gross Margin), ensuring sales and costs are captured correctly
- Providing transparency on deviations to forecasts
Analysis and Reporting:
- Reporting on the performance of Sales and Gross Margin, providing insights on business drivers
- Analysing trends, risks and opportunities and proactively providing recommendations
- Min 3 years of experience of working in a high performing organization.
- Commercial Finance / Business partnering experience
- Expertise in P&L management and can demonstrate financial expertise
- Working knowledge of the either retail industry, for example with an electrical manufacturer, or within E-Commerce
- University Degree
- Strategic planning capability
- Methodical business planning capability
- High level of communication skills - both verbal and written
- Influencing skills
- Excellent personal and business presentation skills
- Strong team player - capable of building and motivating teams
- Energetic, engaging and positive approach
- Results driven
- Decisive and excellent influencer
- Self-starter who sees things to completion
- Calm, logical, comfortable with all levels
- Company bonus scheme
- Pension scheme
- 30 days holiday
- Subsidized sport activities
- Jobrad (Bicycle leasing)
- Discounted Dyson machines
- Corporate Benefits
- EAP (Employee Assistant Programme)
- Agile working
- Fare Subsidy for local public transport or on-site parking
- Relaxed dress code
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.