- The successful candidate will receive a competitive compensation package which will include a base salary and annual performance bonus scheme.
- Seoul - South Korea
The Financial Controller is responsible for the robustness and integrity of financial controls, as well as leading on month end reporting processes and distribution. Within this role, they will provide oversight of both financial operations carried out locally, as well as in the Shared Service Centre (SSC), to ensure processes allow for timely and accurate submissions for Group Consolidation and Korean statutory audit, and tax filings as required.
Financial Operations & Controls
Overall responsibility for the robustness and integrity of financial controls across the business, balanced with customer focus.
Provide oversight of the activities of the SSC to ensure they are meeting the service levels agreed, and controls in place are appropriate for Dyson Korea.
Responsibility for day-to-day financial operations, managing the handover point between local activities and SSC activities.
Monitor and manage exposure to fraud in direct sales operations, implementing additional system and process controls where necessary.
Maintain high level of co-ordination with Group and the local credit insurance provider, to manage credit of Korea customer, identifying potential limitations on credit.
Actively manage and track working capital, identifying opportunities to drive efficiencies.
Operation of local ERP system, SAP.
Review to ensure clear and up to date records of financial activities are in place, including accruals and sales adjustments, in line with accounting consistency and group guideline.
Lead the month-end financial and management reporting process, ensuring timeliness & accuracy of both local management reporting, as well as submissions through to Group Consolidation.
Finalize period-end statements of accounts and successful closure of statutory and management audits.
Ensure complete compliance on local tax laws, submissions, returns and payments
Design and deliver a robust and reliable monthly cash forecasting system, including a reconciliation back to the monthly LE submission.
Develop control and consistency in the timely recognition of advertising and promotional spend
Collaborate with other functions on establishing clear financial success metrics and integrate finance into the main work stream
Cost Management & Planning
Responsibility for tracking actuals and forecast on Logistics, Headcount and Overheads, partnering cross functionally to provide commentary on variances, and forecast changes.
Identify and highlight opportunities and risks in these areas, and challenge the business accordingly.
Develop strong market and group ties to ensure a collaborative approach to improve ways of working across all finance areas (business/process/systems)
Actively lead and contribute to the broader Group/Global Agenda, driving new ways of working to support the development of the broader finance strategy, for example, 3 Dimensional level reporting – Customer, Category, Product.
- Support the APAC SCC and Hub teams in special projects
- Seek out opportunities to pick up new activities that fall broadly in the purpose of the role.Lead & Motivate the wider Finance team to develop them into tomorrows’ finance leaders, and to create a high performance culture.
- Lead & Motivate the wider Finance team to develop them into tomorrows’ finance leaders, and to create a high performance culture.
• Strong communication skills in both Korean & English, with ability to present information (both written and oral) in a clear, concise manner to all levels of the organisation.
• Commercially astute, with a meticulous attention to detail;
• Tireless Problem Solver to face day-to-day problems, with an innovative approach to problem solving;
• High competence on Korean accounting and tax requirements;
• Ability to influence at all levels
• Strong team player capable of building and motivating teams and colleagues
• Relevant degree qualification and qualification from recognised Accountancy body.
- 10+ years’ experience in financial operations and controls, ideally with a strong consumer brand in an MNC environment; including ownership of Financial Controls;
- Experience in managing a finance team, including AP, AR, GL and Month End processes;
- Experience in driving and managing change;
- Exposure to SAP financial modules;
- International accounting experience;