- Canada - Toronto Office
Dyson is a global technology enterprise. We’re growing fast and our ambition is huge - more categories, more locations and more people. Dyson launched in Canada in 2006 with our headquarters in the heart of Toronto, where we’ve been recognized as one of the top employers to work for.
We continue to grow our revenue and our employee base, expand our portfolio of products, including technological innovation in personal care, floor care, and environmental care. We are shaping the future for this organization and are looking for talented individuals who thrive in a fast-paced environment, can take on tough challenges and build capabilities from scratch.
About the role:
The Finance Director for Canada will report to the VP of Finance, Americas with a strong dotted line to the President, Canada and will have oversight over the entire Dyson Canada P&L. They will partner with the Canadian leadership team to drive profitable growth through rigorous investment analysis, discerning cost management and sound financial guidance to the organization on key business decisions. They will continue to build a world class finance team to ensure that the Canadian market is able to continue our business growth and achieve our ambitious goals.
Financial stewardship of Canadian Consumer & B2B business
- Enhance profitability through robust financial control and reporting
- Provide guidance to commercial decision areas of the business through robust analysis, at both a strategic and operational level
- Continuously improve investment appraisal process / techniques across all investment types to ensure Dyson generates highest return possible
- Input into formulation of Canadian strategy via strong historical financial analyses and monitoring the impact of latest trends on financial results
- Identify and lead cost savings opportunities to increase bottom line profitability
- Champion the Dyson finance strategy core pillars of integrity and commercial success throughout the Canadian business
- Keep Dyson Canada in adherence to all local regulations and requirements including statutory financial reporting, local taxes, etc.
- Hold internal shared service providers accountable for their performance to SLAs
- Manage Accounts Receivable relationships with Retailers ensuring revenue is maximized whilst risk is eliminated
Work closely with the various heads of departments including the Canadian President, Leadership Team, Americas Regional Team and the Global Finance organization
- Create strong working relationships both cross functionally and at all levels of management team within Canada and across Dyson regionally and globally
- Partner with Sales, Marketing and Operations peers in Canada to improve operational efficiency and cross functional ways of working
- Challenge current methods and provide innovative solutions to drive efficiencies and increase profitability
- Support the Canadian President and Leadership team in order to help make the best Commercial decisions to drive the long term sustainable profitable growth of the Canadian business
- Team with Americas and Global Finance organization to design best practices and implement global initiative effectively in the Canadian market
Management and Reporting of Americas Financial Performance.
- Provide accurate monthly reporting of performance detailing variances from budget and target
- Continual improvement of P&L and KPI Reporting (financial and non-financial)
- Evolve business reporting - moving towards real time data to enable faster and more accurate decision making
- Own budget and forecast process to ensure risks and opportunities are identified and understood, through review and challenge of commercial managers
Develop and coach members of the Canadian Finance Team
- Lead and motivate a team of 9 people to ensure that they are developed and challenged in their roles to maximize their potential
- Coach, develop and lead 2 direct reports in all areas of people management
- Continuously improve the finance organization to meet the agility required of a fast-paced organization
- Increase Finance’s involvement in decision making within the functional areas for which they are responsible
Fulfill other duties as required
- Relish the opportunity to pick up new activities that fall broadly in the purpose of the role
- Fix things that you can see need fixing
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in finance with strong financial analysis experience and full P&L ownership
- BS/BA required; MBA or CPA/CMA preferred
- Prior experience with a technology or high end consumer products company is preferred
- Strong knowledge of modeling/forecasting, business planning, budgeting, management reporting
- Methodical / driver-based business planning capability
- Strong reputation for objectivity and seasoned business judgment
- Ability to earn trust and confidence of business partners; positive attitude and strong team player
- Previous experience managing multiple initiatives and changing priorities
- Ability to influence and negotiate at all levels of the organization
- Ability to understand and create value from data analytics to impact the business
- Ability to clearly present and communicate complex data analysis
- Prior leadership roles with ability to develop teams
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Demonstrated previous success in a fast paced and agile environment
At Dyson, how we reward you is linked to our high-performance culture. But it’s about more than salary and bonus. Through a package of financial, lifestyle and health benefits, we support whatever stage of life you’re in and the moments that matter.
- Dyson Matching RSP contributions
- Company Paid Life Insurance and Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D)
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Employee Referral Program
- Generous Dyson Product Discounts
- Competitive Paid Time Off including Floater Holiday, Sick, and Vacation Time
- Generous Maternity Leave Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage Options
Dyson is committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment that reflects the diversity of the community in which we live. If requested, we will provide reasonable accommodation during the recruitment process for persons with disabilities. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. Dyson is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
At Dyson, it's about more than our machines. We recognise that our success comes from our inventive people. We believe in including everybody and supporting you on your journey with us
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.