- Singapore - Singapore
Pioneering technology takes more than just inventive engineers. At Dyson, we take a problem-solving approach to everything we do. And across our support teams, we’re proud to be different. And importantly, we support change to maintain our rapid growth. From our Finance and Security teams, through to Legal, Communications and our People function, we’re focused on delivering an unsurpassed service across the entire business.
The Dyson finance team is at the heart of engineering our financial success. From commercial forecasting and planning to supporting investment in Research, Design and Development, they help the global business perform as well as our technology.
We are looking for penultimate year students, graduating in June/December 2022 and who would be able to commit full-time for May to August 2021 (minimum 12 weeks).
About the role
Join us for a summer internship and from day one, you’ll be tasked with projects to enhance your existing skills and stretch you out of your comfort zone – understanding how our global business operates and the financial considerations that decisions are based upon behind the scenes.
You will be working with the Category Finance team to ensure that the reporting needs of stakeholders are met. The team launched Tableau to support reporting needs of its business stakeholders and the platform is also used for to support data visualization for the category’s monthly performance reporting. You will be assigned to a live project putting your skill set into practice from the get-go. Some of your tasks may include:
- Reviewing Tableau to understand how it supports company analytics
- Connecting with key stakeholders/users of Tableau to understand user requirements and needs
- Providing recommendations to improve Tableau according to our stakeholders’ requirements
- Engaging with cross-functional stakeholders to implement recommendations
- Generating new ideas on how Tableau can be leveraged better to fulfill organizational requirements
Working with the Category Finance team and interacting across business stakeholders, you’ll need to be comfortable learning from others, but also sharing your own knowledge, ideas and opinions. Apart from the technical know-how, you will need to be an inquisitive self-starter who is passionate about learning and creative in problem solving. We’ll support you with a development framework designed to help you make the most of your internship.
Working at the forefront of technology is tough so standards and expectations are high. You’ll be expected to contribute from the start. Hence, you’ll need to be:
- On track for 2nd upper class honours or above and be studying towards a Business Management, Accountancy, Finance or related discipline
- Able to commit for at least 12 weeks from May to August 2021
- Graduating in June/December 2022
- Able to demonstrate how you have applied your technical knowledge and skills (financial, analytical and numerical skills) to solve problems, either through your university projects or past internship experience
- Committed to learn about finance, how our business operates and the financial considerations that decisions are based upon
- Happy to build your own networks to collaborate and learn from the expertise around you
- Professional and articulate to actively participate in discussions
- Passionate about Dyson our technology
For your application to be considered, you are required to upload the following documents together with your online application:
- Detailed resume with expected year of graduation
- Updated academic transcript / degree audit
Please note that you should only apply to one internship position as multiple applications will delay the selection process. We will consider you for another internship role should you have the relevant skillset or experience.
Shortlisted candidates will undergo our early careers recruitment and selection process which could include digital assessments and interviews.
BenefitsProfessional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.