- United Kingdom - Malmesbury Office
The Dyson Institute is building a world class higher education provider that will develop the Engineering Leaders of the future. We are searching for a talented individual who is passionate about supporting this new approach to engineering education to join our Operations team as a Finance Lead.
This is an exciting opportunity to shape the future of a Higher Education institute, delivering financial management and planning to support operational excellence.
- Process all month end transactions for The Dyson Institute
- Procurement assistance and point of contact: Approving purchase requests, resolving supplier queries, and advising administrators on finance queries.
- Manage the process of any interim financial returns required by the Office for Students.
- Maintain an up-to-date year end forecast.
Act as finance business partner for the senior management team
- Lead on budget setting process with senior management team and present budget to internal stakeholders.
- Prepare forecasts for future business aims & new services.
- Produce monthly management accounts and commentary for senior management team.
Prepare statutory accounts for The Dyson Institute
- Work with Dyson Group Finance for all statutory accounts’ deadlines and changes.
- Publish accounts in the relevant places within the set timeline.
- Ensure compliance with Office for Students accounts direction.
- Work with external auditors to sign off statutory accounts.
Apprenticeship Levy and other funding source management
- Manage the process of drawing down the apprenticeship levy and any incentives for both Dyson Technology Limited (Employer) & Dyson Technical Training Limited (Provider).
- Ensure appropriate evidence is retained to satisfy an Education Skills Funding Agency audit.
- Work with the Data Integrity Group to ensure that any data changes are reflected in funding claims.
- Work with the Disability Support Advisor to ensure that any reasonable adjustment funding can be evidenced if required.
- Keep up to date with apprenticeship policy changes.
- Work with the Governance team to ensure that the organisation is meeting its requirements for financial sustainability and viability.
- Manage the process of producing, signing off & submitting the Office for Students Annual Financial Return which includes a 5 year forward forecast.
- Be the point of contact for the student representative body's treasury and advise on financial issues.
- Produce quarterly management accounts for Council and report to council if required.
- Ensure that the statutory directors understand their responsibilities regarding finance and ensure that the accounts are signed. (Advanced)
- If required, review options for external funding and provide advice to management on the possibilities.
- CCAB qualified
- 1-2 years post-qualification experience
- Interest in and experience of both Financial Accountancy and Management Accountancy
- Comfortable working in an agile organisation and able to flex accordingly
- Strong networking and collaboration skills
- Experience summarising financial information and briefing non-finance colleagues/seniors
- Apprenticeship or Higher Education finance experience a benefit, but not essential
At Dyson, it's about more than our machines. We recognise that our success comes from our inventive people. We believe in including everybody and supporting you on your journey with us
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.