- United Kingdom - Malmesbury Office
Dyson is growing fast, and our ambition is huge – more categories, more locations, and more people. Pioneering technology takes more than just inventive engineers. At Dyson, we take a problem-solving approach to everything we do. Our Finance team manages and balances complex budgets across our global business. Multiple regions, multiple categories and covering all aspects of the finance cycle. The team provides control and stability, which enables our family-owned business to be agile, adapt to constant change and focus on growth.
We're committed to our campus culture and want to have people collaborating, developing, and learning from each other, five days a week. By having everyone on campus together, we have been able to nurture a fantastic social and dynamic environment.
About the role
As our Finance Manager for Cost of Acquisition (COA) and Brand Building Investments (BBI), Support and drive the global COA and BBI finance strategy: supporting the setting up of financial guardrails; helping to shape the marketing strategy with the executive team; proposing opportunities to maximize return on investment (ROI); challenging current ways of working, driving efficiencies and cost savings; providing financial analysis for business cases, supporting investment decision-making, developing post-investment analysis to track performance against business case objectives and to inform future decisions.
You will enable an effective global financial governance environment for COA and BBI: supporting financial reviews within executive forums; analysing and effectively communicating key drivers of variances, clearly articulating risks and opportunities, supporting business stakeholders with mitigation plans; developing, implementing, and maintaining effective accounting policies and internal controls; ensuring a high standard of accounting integrity, completeness, and accuracy; ensuring effective procurement and purchasing procedures are in place; driving finance accountability across commercial and finance teams; partnering with key stakeholders to ensure financial forecasts and actuals are well aligned with our media & advertising plans.
You will be a strategic partner and global centre of expertise for COA and BBI: building strong partnerships with the global commercial team and regional finance teams; acting as a finance business partner, providing consultation to regions and markets; developing and delivering finance know-how and analytical tools; delivering timely, accurate, informative, and user-friendly financial information, analysis, and projections.
- Strong career progress to date in Accounting, Business or Finance for a large multinational, with solid grounding in commercial / category finance
- A track record of delivering excellent results, collaborating with a diverse set of stakeholders, developing new ways of working and driving global alignment
- An excellent communicator, able to influence and interpret financial information, to provide insight to senior management
- Flexible, adaptable, able to multitask, a bias for action, resilient, driven, strategic, a self-starter, comfortable working with ambiguity
- Performance related bonus scheme
- Competitive pension scheme
- Life assurance
- Discounts on Dyson machines and retail discounts
- Free bus travel to and from campus (from Bristol, Bath, Chippenham, and Swindon)
- 27 days’ holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Free on-site lunches, fruit, and hot drinks
- Free on-site sports centre, gym, hair-salon, lifestyle assist (concierge)
- Electric vehicle salary sacrifice scheme
- Ability to purchase additional holiday
- Private medical insurance and dental insurance
- Employee assistance programme, digital GP, on-site physio and GP, prescription service, fertility treatment support
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.