- Singapore - Technology Centre
Finance Manager – In House Manufacturing Finance ES
The In House Manufacturing (IHM) Finance Team is the core finance business partners for Dyson’s IHM Operations function. IHM Functions comprises the global manufacturing activities of Dyson Digital Motors (DDM), Heaters and Energy Storage (ES). The IHM Finance team works with these functions to assist them in delivering key operation objectives. The team’s goal is to develop and maintain a flexible and collaborative working relationship with the stakeholders to achieve all common objectives of the IHM Operations Function.
The energy storage facility is a new site for Dyson. The Finance Manager for IHM ES will be part of the team to set up the site. The incumbent will provide financial support to the setup of the new site and this involves multiple analysis together with the stakeholders in areas including but not limited to the understanding of process flows, headcount growth tracking, capex spend control etc.
From the operations go live, the incumbent will also be responsible for various aspects of day to day finance operations and controls for the site. The incumbent will business partner with key stakeholders from the site including the GM, Head of Operations, Head of Supply Planning among others. Together they will need to deliver the opex, capex, inventory targets as well as operations KPIs for the site.
The role is a key position of the in house manufacturing finance function and allows the incumbent a great opportunity to develop a thorough understanding of Dyson’s in house manufacturing technology.
The role reports into the Senior Finance Manager – In House Manufacturing.
- Business Partner with senior management team of the new in house manufactured operations team to support the successfully set up of the site
- Collaborate with the teams in the preparation and tracking of operations cost of site set up
- Financial control on capex investments for the new site
- Collaborate with HR team on headcount growth costs projections
- Involved in month end close activities
- Involved in budget planning and forecast activities
- Prepare analysis on an ad hoc basis as required
- Review of key processes to drive process improvements
- Qualified Accountant or equivalent post graduate qualification with manufacturing and costing experience.
- At least 7 to 8 years of relevant work experience
- Experience in rigorous financial planning, analysis and/or strategy experience
- Experience in engineering environment an advantage
- Experience in start up organisation an advantage
- Excellent analytical ability and Excel spreadsheet skills
- Good planning and organisation skills
- Ability to understand concepts and ideas quickly and model data in meaningful ways
- Naturally Inquisitive - comfortable and willing to interrogate existing process and systems
- Proactive in proposing ideas to challenge status quo
- Experience in working across functions and cultures and dealing with remote teams
- Excellent personal and business presentation skills, in particular the presentation of financial information to non-finance managers and directors
- Assertive and able to influence upwards and peers
- Good spoken & written English
- Has strong sense of operational discipline and ability to meet deadlines
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.