- Philippines - Advanced Manufacturing Office
The In House Manufacturing (IHM) Finance Team is the core finance business partners for Dyson’s IHM Operations function. IHM Functions comprises the global manufacturing activities of Dyson Digital Motors (DDM), Heaters and Energy Storage (ES). The IHM Finance team work with these functions to assist them in delivering key operation objectives. The team’s goal is to develop and maintain a flexible and collaborative working relationship with the stakeholders to achieve all common objectives of the IHM Operations Function.
The Finance Manager for IHM will be responsible for various aspects of day to day finance operations and controls at the in house manufacturing site based in Philippines. The incumbent will business partner with key stakeholders from the site including the GM, Head of Operations, Head of Supply Planning among others. Together they will need to deliver the opex, capex, inventory targets as well as operations KPIs for the site.
From time to time, the incumbent will also be involved in ad hoc analysis together with their stakeholders on new opportunities identified at the site or across other IHM locations. This will include but not limited to the costings of new in house manufactured technology, site growth initiatives etc.
The role is a key position of the in house manufacturing finance function and allows the incumbent a great opportunity to develop a thorough understanding of Dyson’s in house manufacturing technology.
The role reports into the Senior Finance Manager – In House Manufacturing.
- Business Partner with senior management team at the IHM sites to support achievement of the site’s goals and objectives
- Prepare manufacturing costs analysis
- Work with stakeholders to identify opportunities to drive manufacturing efficiency and cost savings
- Manage the inventory control of raw materials, sub assemblies, spares parts as well as finish products to maintain optimal inventory position
- Involved in the month end close activities
- Involved in the budget planning and forecast activities
- Prepare analysis on an ad hoc basis as required
- Review of key processes to drive process improvements
- Qualified Accountant or equivalent post graduate qualification with manufacturing and costing experience
- At least 7 to 8 years of relevant work experience
- Experience in rigorous financial planning, analysis and/or strategy experience
- Experience in engineering environment an advantage
- Excellent analytical ability and Excel spreadsheet skills
- Good planning and organisation skills
- Ability to understand concepts and ideas quickly and model data in meaningful ways
- Naturally Inquisitive - comfortable and willing to interrogate existing process and systems
- Proactive in proposing ideas to challenge status quo
- Experience in working across functions and cultures and dealing with remote teams
- Excellent personal and business presentation skills, in particular the presentation of financial information to non-finance managers and directors
- Assertive and able to influence upwards and peers
- Good spoken & written English
- Has strong sense of operational discipline and ability to meet deadlines
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.