- Germany - Cologne Office
At Dyson we believe everything could be better. Fuelled by a frustration with things that don’t work properly and a relentless obsession with making them work better, we’ve spent the last 27 years pioneering inventions and continually improving. We’re growing fast. And our ambition is huge. But it’s not simply about more people and more profit. Dyson is all about pioneering ideas and new technologies. It’s about inventing the future. Our philosophy remains the same as it was 27 years ago when James Dyson invented the first cyclonic vacuum cleaner. We remain family-owned. We don’t bow to outside shareholders or report to the stock exchange. Instead we plot our own path, unshackled from conventional thinking. At Dyson we constantly strive to find more pioneering ways to solve everyday problems.
About the role
In this role based in Cologne you will report into the DACHP Head of Finance and play an essential role in making sure that cost consciousness is embedded in the markets within the cluster so that we continue to become more profitable. The role provides exposure to senior leadership in the markets and cluster. The primary responsibility will be to work in partnership with the market leadership teams to drive cost control and deliver strategic cost leadership and improve profitability. In collaboration with the Overhead & Logistics Analyst, who is your direct report, you will provide accurate cost forecasts, understand performance drivers, ensure accuracy of cost captured in the P&L and deliver insightful analysis that supports commercial decisions. In addition to the cluster responsibilities you will be an integral member of a regional collaboration group specialising on overheads and logistics that is responsible for developing and sharing best practice across the region, and collaborating with Group and regional finance teams on key transformation projects.
- Own the forecasting / budgeting of logistics and overhead costs end-to-end from alignment with management to loading in the systems.
- Drive clarity and accountability on overheads budgets across the management teams, establishing suitable controls to support them.
- Make sure all costs are captured in the right channel so that effective channel profitability analysis is possible.
- Be the go-to person for all overhead and logistics related topics within the cluster.
- Play an important role in the month-end and year-end processes by providing monthly estimates prior to close as well as ensuring that the right accruals are made.
- Coach and develop capability of the team; support career development and maximise potential through objectives and performance conversations.
- Able to develop and maintain strong relationships with colleagues; a team player and proven business partner who can motivate and influence others.
- Energetic and engaging with a positive ‘can-do’ attitude; a problem solver.
- Competent and confident when presenting information, in particular when presenting financial information to senior non-finance stakeholders. Can clearly communicate the story of the numbers.
- Excellent analytical ability – comfortable assimilating and interpreting data and information to draw out meaningful insight and conclusions, and capable of using this to influence decision making.
- Demonstrable financial planning capability at both the short term results-focussed level and the longer term strategic view.
- Able to challenge all areas of activity, especially elements that ‘have always been done’ and recommend new approaches to meet financial objectives.
- Assertive, decisive, prepared to see through plans and overcome objections - and yet flexible around change and comfortable with ambiguity; a quick and agile learner.
At Dyson, it's about more than our machines. We recognise that our success comes from our inventive people. We believe in including everybody and supporting you on your journey with us
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.