- France - Paris Office
Responsible for delivering integrated financial insights and guidance to support business strategy development, decision making and performance management, impacting a defined area of Dyson.
About the Role
In this role you will play an essential role in making sure that our financial resources are best used to maximize profitable growth across the markets within the cluster. The role provides exposure to
senior leadership in the markets and cluster.
- The primary responsibility will be to work in partnership with the local Marketing teams, supporting ROI analysis that informs the right decisions on future expenditure and driving cost control to improve profitability.
- In collaboration with the Commercial Lead Analyst, who is your direct report, you will provide accurate cost forecasts, understand performance drivers, ensure accuracy of cost captured in the P&L and deliver insightful analysis that supports commercial decisions.
- In addition to the cluster responsibilities you will be an integral member of a regional collaboration group specialising on BBI (Brand Building Investment) that is responsible for developing and sharing best practice across the region, and collaborating with Group and regional finance teams on key transformation projects.
- Own the forecasting / budgeting of BBI costs end-to-end from alignment with management to loading in the systems.
- Drive clarity and accountability on BBI budgets across the commercial teams, establishing suitable controls to support them.
- Perform ROI analysis on marketing campaigns and collaborate with the commercial teams to use insights gained to shape the strategy. Relentlessly drive initiatives to improve ROI.
- Be the go-to person for all BBI related topics within the cluster.
- Play an important role in the month-end and year-end processes by providing monthly estimates prior to close as well as ensuring that the right accruals are made.
- Coach and develop capability of the team; support career development and maximize potential through objectives and performance conversations.
- Able to develop and maintain strong relationships with colleagues; a team player and proven business partner who can motivate and influence others.
- Energetic and engaging with a positive ‘can-do’ attitude; a problem solver.
- Competent and confident when presenting information, in particular when presenting financial information to senior non-finance stakeholders. Can clearly communicate the story of the numbers.
- Excellent analytical ability – comfortable assimilating and interpreting data and information to draw out meaningful insight and conclusions, and capable of using this to influence decision making.
- Demonstrable financial planning capability at both the short term results-focussed level and the longer term strategic view.
- Able to challenge all areas of activity, especially elements that ‘have always been done’ and recommend new approaches to meet financial objectives.
- Assertive, decisive, prepared to see through plans and overcome objections - and yet flexible around change and comfortable with ambiguity, a quick and agile learner.
- Discretionary bonus
- Health insurance
- 25 days holiday + 12 days RTT
- Lunch voucher
- Free coffee and tea + free fruits
- Discounted Dyson machines
- Public Transport subsidy 50%
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.