- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
About the roleReporting to the Head of Finance for Global Overheads, the role will be responsible for standardising, analysing and transforming Dyson Global Overhead Functional and cost segment reporting. This includes reporting on yearly Budget planning, actuals and variance analysis, capital expenditure, depreciation and projects.
The role will be required to provide clear and summarised understanding of complex financial information to Senior and Executive stakeholders, including variance drivers to Budget, reforecast and historical trends. You will be responsible for producing various ad-hoc analysis for our Global CFO as well as delivering global Control and Monitoring projects and Financial transformation initiatives.
The role is critical to supporting Dyson in presenting a comprehensive view of our total Overhead costs in a concise yet robust way with actionable and controllable output for decision-making.
- Develop and plan a Reporting Roadmap to manage requests and help deliver timely reporting output to key stakeholders around the business
- To ensure accurate and timely financial commentary is prepared that provides the best insight into our key overhead drivers
- Work in partnership the Global Finance Business Partners to provide comprehensive and standardised annual budget packs that drive valuable discussion around our cost base
- To assist as required with finance support for key infrastructure projects impacting overhead reporting
- Support Global Finance Business Partners quarterly cost reviews with insightful, standardised reporting packs across all functions
- Provide the monthly presentation of Global overhead financial performance, full year forecasts and budget variances including understanding financial opportunities and risk
- To deliver ready-to-use, Executive-level deliverables presenting key Financial information in an accessible way for non-Finance Senior audience
- Be comfortable dealing with and working through issues and operational challenges with project teams and other stakeholders, getting into details to ensure you understand the cost drivers of the business and can feedback relevant insights
- Provide cost capture guidance at a Global level to enable comparability and internal benchmarking across markets and support functions.
- Supporting and working closely with markets to align functional reporting views to aid global visibility and enable actionable cost saving initiatives.
- Drive efficiencies wherever possible by continuing to standardise reporting activities
- Provide consolidation system reporting support to Global Finance Business Partners as required
- Work with Accounts & Systems team to consult on upcoming changes to financial reporting that may impact global overhead areas.
- Strong Qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA) with 7+ years of PQE
- Ability to deliver complex analysis in a very accessible, structured way to Executive stakeholders
- Solid accounting skills, diligent and accurate
- Experience of running and performing budgeting or forecasting processes
- Proven track record of reporting to Senior stakeholders
- Ability to produce high quality output with minimal oversight while meeting tight deadlines
- Excellent Excel skills, including being comfortable with pivots, advanced formulae and charting
- Advanced PowerPoint skills and high level of attention to detail
- Excellent analytical mind while being able to understand materiality and focus efforts where it matters most
- A team player with a positive, ‘can-do’ attitude and the ability to be flexible yet have a disciplined approach
- Determined and assertive, prepared to get into detailed interactions with regional or functional stakeholders to understand the complex cost drivers of our business
- Mature and robust personality
- Excellent time management skills, ability to prioritise workload and work to strict reporting deadlines
- Prior experience of Management Accounts is essential (5 years minimum)
- Experience of Reporting from consolidation systems
- Experience within a financial planning and analysis environment
- SAP experience
- OneStream consolidation system experience
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidised café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.