- Competitive Remunearation Package
Dyson has an opportunity for a Embedded Software Engineer / Firmware Engineer to join our Power Systems group, developing technology for Dyson’s cord-free range of products.
The Power Systems group is a multidisciplinary team responsible for the development of Dyson energy storage and power management systems. We are expanding our embedded firmware team and are seeking an individual to join us. You must be familiar with the C programming language and be equally comfortable with high-level design and abstraction as with implementation, testing and debugging of code.
- Developing real time embedded software for our world leading Li-Ion battery packs and related product control systems.
- Working closely with our hardware team to bring new battery powered systems to life – this is a hands-on role with opportunity for plenty of lab work during development.
- Participating in code and design review activities.
- Documenting software requirements and implementation.
- Working with hardware, mechanical and other engineering disciplines to solve complex system level problems and find technical solutions.
- Generation of test specifications to ensure product reliability and robustness at key stages during code development.
- Bachelor Degree in Electrical, Electronic or Computer Engineering, or related field.
- Experience of microcontroller software development.
- A good understanding of C (essential) and Python (desirable).
- An understanding of basic hardware and its interface with software systems.
- Software configuration management (source control, continuous integration, etc).
- Ability to plan and estimate development tasks (ideally within an agile framework).
- Experience with unit testing and writing testable code.