- Design and Development
- Singapore - St James Power Station Headquarters
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Fluid Dynamics Engineer to work within a team of like-minded engineering problem solvers within our Technology Development function for an exciting new product category.
Reporting to the Senior Engineering Manager, the Fluid Dynamics Engineer will apply their skills and experience in fluid dynamics and separation systems to drive the development of novel products. They will carry out experiments and simulations to understand the key drivers for maximising the fluid flow and filtration performance of our products and provide effective suggestions to make design improvements. They will work cross-functionally, collaborating across Technology Development and Design Engineering to ensure effective delivery of novel products.
About the role
- To investigate and solve fluid dynamics and air filtration problems using experiments, simulations and hand calculations, as appropriate.
- To perform said experiments and simulations.
- To analyse, summarise and communicate findings to other members of RDD, including senior management.
- To liaise with development teams to ensure an effective transfer of technology into our product range across the Dyson world.
- To support the growth and upkeep of the team’s test and simulation capabilities and wider business objectives.
- Build and maintain effective working relationships at all levels, including the relevant technical teams overseas.
- A first degree in Aeronautical or Mechanical Engineering. Applicants holding post-graduate qualifications are also welcome.
- Minimum 2 years experience in a technical analysis/consultant capacity for said function. Experience in a product development environment for consumer electronics would be a bonus but, not essential.
- A sound fundamental knowledge of fluid dynamics theory, and its application to real-world problems.
- A good working knowledge of commercial CAD tools. A good understanding of the principles and application of CFD, preferably with experience of the ANSYS suite of analytical tools.
- A good understanding of experimental techniques, particularly with regards to pressure, temperature and flow measurement.
- Results oriented and a clear logical thinker with good attention to detail.
- An ability to work as part of a team or un-supervised to an agreed goal or set of deliverables.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
Dyson Singapore monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and bonuses. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy a transport allowance and comprehensive medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition.
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.